Thursday, January 7, 2016

January Goals


I set big goals for the whole year (resolutions) yesterday, but today I want to talk about the things I want to accomplish in this month. 

I love setting goals each month because it means the first of each month is a fresh start. It helps be more intentional. I used to be the kind of person who talked the talk. "I should do this..." I want to do that..." But would never do it. Now I take these things I'm talking about and set up goals each month/year so I'm a doer. 

Here is what is on the agenda for January...

1. Lose 7 pounds this month. I'm following WW, working out three times a week, aiming for 10,000 steps per day and G and I are cooking more at home so I think this is a doable goal.

2. Plan something special for G's birthday. I always have grand plans to do something special for him but never follow through. This will be my year! Whether it's planning a super special scavenger hunt, buying him the recliner of his dreams, planning a day of all his favorite things, or driving him out to Bell's Brewery without telling him where we are going. I'm doing something BIG. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them! (Don't worry, G doesn't read this so don't tell him!).

3. Cook one new meal each week. I'm determined to make cooking MY THING. After making EmilyBite's Spinach and Artichoke Dip I got the itch to get back in the kitchen. I want to make more of her recipes after the success I had with the dip (I've made it twice more for gatherings!). Watching Tia Mowry at Home also inspires me to get back in the kitchen, ha! I checked out WW's One Pot Meals from the library and plan to make the Lobster Mac and Cheese (8pp!) this weekend.

4. Clear the clutter. I'm borrowing Getting Things Done by David Allen from a friend and hopefully it will help me organize my house/life better. I want to start getting rid of the things that bog me down like email coupons I never use. Blogs I never read (FitSugar and MindBodyGreen are so overwhelming, but some of it is interesting). And eventually closing out Facebook which has proven harder to ditch than expected. 

5. Deep clean the house. We haven't even taken down Christmas decorations (gasp!) but my plan is to take them down this weekend. In doing so I want to decorate for winter and give the house a good deep clean. Clean the walls and ceilings too. It will be a job, but it's needed.

6. Host one event this month. I'm starting to get the itch to host again so I'm going to embrace it. Maybe even host a brunch since I love brunch so much! I just saw a great Mango Bellini recipe that looks fun.

What are your goals this month?

No comments: