Friday, December 4, 2015

December Goals


I am still in shock we are in the last month of the year. It's crazy how time flies. I love this time of year! Lets see what my goals are for this month.

1. Savor the season. This time of year is a favorite and it always goes by way too fast. I want to enjoy everything. The parties. The family gatherings. The music. The Christmas lights. The giving and receiving of gifts. I just want to make an extra effort to be present and savor every second. Watch lots of Christmas movies. Listen to Celion Dion, NSYNC and Panatonix Christmas CDs on repeat.  Drive by all the pretty lights. Get in the spirit and enjoy the magic of the season.

2. Bake Christmas cookies. I'm not much of a baker. Heck, I'm not much of a cook either. But! I was invited to a Cookie Exchange and I'm going to get out of my comfort zone and bake dozens of cookies. Maybe I'll love it!

3. Follow Weight Watchers. I hesitated on even posting this, but in an effort to be brave I'm laying it out there. I've been maintaining 24 pounds lost since since July and I really need to kick it up a notch to lose the second half and get to my happy weight. I think this will be just what I need to succeed. I know everyone is different and what works for some might not work for others. I think WW will work for me and I'm so excited. I know 21 Day Fix wasn't for me. I don't like foods being off limits. It just makes me want it more. Nothing is off limits with WW. It's just all about moderation and I'm all about that.

4. Cook once a week. I think this is a much more manageable goal to hold myself too. I already have my eye on this enchilada casserole.

5. Give your best yes. I started practicing this exercise a sweet friend shared with me because I struggle with saying yes to everything. I was getting too busy and stressed out. Instead, I ask myself the question: What is my best yes? What is the most life giving for me at this time? In this busy season I need to remind myself of this exercise and start implementing it more.

What are your goals this month?

No comments: