Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Recap


I had such a wonderful Christmas. It started with exchanging gifts with my bff. We each got each other something inspirational, a candle and something cozy. Love it! 



I started Christmas Eve off with coffee in my Christmas mug and a Netflix Christmas movie. I walked Manny, loaded presents in the car, made spinach and artichoke dip, got ready and headed to Eric and Jess' to celebrate.




So much joy! Eric and Jess announced they were expecting baby #2 and I just could not be more thrilled for them. Ella is excited to be a big sister!







Speaking of Ella, she loved opening gifts and she loved the keyboard we got her. That girl loves music!





Eric and Jess set up a beautiful table and the weather was so beautiful that Eric grilled steaks on the grill! It was a great meal!



After dinner we watched A Charlie Brown Christmas because it's tradition and the only Christmas show to share the true meaning of Christmas.




Ella went to bed afterwards and we opened gifts. I made out like a bandit! I got my first North Face fleece and I love it so much! 



I also got this adorable Eat sign I had wanted, leggings, socks, work out clothes, a heated blanket and G got me tickets to an a capella show. So blessed!!!





Christmas Day G made a lovely brunch and I drank coffee out of another Christmas mug.



G got this helicopter from Eric and Jess and he is obsessed. He spent all Christmas morning flying it around the house and driving Manny crazy. Manny was half terrified and half intrigued by it. G loved to mess with Manny so it was entertaining. 



The rest of the day we stayed in pajamas and watched Christmas movies with hot chocolate, of course. G finally saw It's a Wonderful Life and declared it one of the best movie endings of all time. 



Saturday I did some cleaning, walked Manny and grocery shopped. I stopped at Jimmy Johns for lunch and then got ready for the day and made artichoke and spinach dip again.



Then we headed to my mom's for Christmas with extended family. I wore my new NF jacket and it was everything I hoped it would be.











It was nice to see Ella again. It was also nice to catch up with aunts, uncles and cousins I don't get to see that often. It was a nice visit.





Since Ella's birthday is New Year's Eve we also celebrated her birthday. She loves Elmo so much and loved her smash cake. My mom did such an awesome job on the cake!





Sunday I started feeling sick so it was a super lazy day. I laid on the couch all day binge watching season 4 of Hart of Dixie. I'm so sad the show is over! It was a relaxing day in my pajamas all day watching good TV and even taking a nap. I'm fighting a cold but I think this day of rest will help heal me quicker.



I had Hot Mama garlic bread. Have you tried Hot Mama bread?! It's amazing! 

So that's my holiday weekend. It was spent with loved ones. Giving and receiving. Remembering the real meaning of the season. It was a good one!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yay another baby!!! How exciting