Friday, September 25, 2015

Fit Friday!

Workouts this week:

Monday - Walk 3.5 miles
Tuesday - Walk 2 miles
Wednesday - Walk 2 miles
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Walk 2 miles

Well this week didn't go as I expected. I had big plans to increase my work outs (see below) but caught some kind of bad cold / flu bug that really kicked my butt this week. I listened to my body and just rested this week (with a few leisurely lunch time walks) thrown in.

It reminded me how far I've come. Back when I was at my goal weight exercise and my weight had become an obsession. An idol. I remember one time I had a terrible migraine, but still did The 30 Day Shred because I would feel guilty if I didn't. G literally had to turn off the DVD and put me to bed because I was working out and crying from the head pain. Yeah. It was a low point. But this week I listened to my body. Gave it rest. Didn't beat myself up about it or feel any guilt. I've come a long way.

Thoughts this week:



I have been feeling exactly like Tina lately. I've been an excuse girl. I haven't been making the best food choices. Eating out too much. Only working out 1 to 2 times a week. But I recommitted to my journey this week.

Here are my goals to get me back on track so you all can keep me accountable:
  • Eat only when hungry, not out of boredom or want.
  • Limit to one treat per day (a glass of wine or the chocolate croissant, not both).
  • Work out four times a week (not including walking).
  • Up my protein and limit carbs after 3:00 p.m.
  • Cook homemade meals three times a week.
  • Start losing one to two pounds a week consistently.
Those aren't too restrictive, but challenging enough to get back on track and see a difference in the scale. Even though I've been sick and haven't been able to start working out four times a week, I have been upping my protein, cooking healthy meals and not having any treats since I can't really taste much right now. 

Eats this week:



I'm really on a smoothie kick lately so my breakfast or afternoon snack this week have been a coffee smoothie (half cup coffee, cup almond milk, 2 cups ice, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, and 1 banana). 


You know G and I have been getting our greens in when this spinach container is already gone after a week!


I've also been digging TJ's breakfast burritos.


Or spinach, feta quiche.




Lunches this week have been TJ's soup with a side of peppers or brussels. YUM!


Snacks have been cottage cheese or a Kind bar.


Monday night we had tacos with lettuce instead of shells. 


Tuesday night we had chicken curry. An oldie but a goodie. I cannot tell you how good it feels to come home to dinner already made. I made it extra spicy to clear my head.


Wednesday night we had leftover curry chicken with La Croix.


Thursday we had our work retreat all day and we eat Mediterranean food for dinner as a team. It's tradition and it always tastes so amazing!

How are you guys doing? 
Any favorite crock pot recipes you love? I need to switch it up from my usuals! 

No comments: