Thursday, August 27, 2015

Day in the Life

It's been a while since I did one of these so I thought it would be fun to document a summer Monday for you. I love reading these so I thought I'd share a pretty normal day with a few fun plans thrown in.

Monday, August 24 2015





6:30 a.m. Wake up, change into work out clothes. Take Manny for a walk/run around the neighborhood. We did my favorite route today. The hills. 2 miles. Gorgeous sunrise this morning!



7:00 a.m. Wake G up. Make an egg in a mug and pour my coffee. We sit together and drink our coffee together and talk. Manny plays with his toys like a crazy person and we usually make voices for him and what we think he would be saying. Why is talking like an animal so hilarious to me?





7:30 a.m. Make smoothies for G and I. Manny is right by my side the whole time. I get our lunches together and packed for the day and head upstairs to shower, get dressed and get ready for the day.



8:20 a.m. Commuting to work. First I call the Bank of America Claims department because somehow my debit card was hacked and someone placed five orders to a store in Paris and three of the charges went through. Then I read The Meaning of Marriage to G and we discussed it in preparation for our study on Wednesday.



9:00 a.m. The drive went fast and we are at work. I go through my calendar to see what my week looks like. Catch up on emails and voicemail. Quote a few parts. Make a few sales.

11:30 a.m. Team meeting.

12:15 p.m. Back to work. Chat with my boss about our weekends. Catch up on emails and voicemail. 


12:30 p.m. Head to my friend Gloria's house for a relaxing lunch. She made a gorgeous salad with veggies from her garden and I had a turkey and avocado sandwich with strawberries. We had good conversation and the time flew by.

1:30 p.m. Back to work! Catch up on emails and voicemail. Make a few sales. Quote, quote, quote. It's a busy afternoon and it flies by. I didn't even have time to get my snack since my afternoon was so crazy. It makes the day go fast though so I'm not complaining.

6:10 p.m. Leave work and head to our dinner reservations with friends. 


6:31 p.m. It was too cold to sit outside on the patio like we had planned which was a bummer. But it was $2 off martinis and the atmosphere inside was cozy. The drinks were delicious and the conversation was authentic and real and easy.


7:30 p.m. It was a chilly evening so we all ordered the cheesy vegetable tortellini and it was AMAZING. Super filling, creamy and delicious. I could have licked this plate clean. Seriously so good.

8:45 p.m. Left the restaurant after a fun evening of good conversation and good food.


9:00 p.m. HOME! Pulling in the garage, taking the trash out, taking Manny out and feeding him, getting my coffee ready for the morning and changing into pajamas.


9:24 p.m. Laying on the couch and reading a good book while G watches soccer. My happy place. I always look forward to unwinding at the end of a day with a good book.

10:02 p.m. Lights out! Good night!

No comments: