1. The days of being carded are long gone.
2. I no longer care what other people about me (thank goodness!).
3. There is just no way I could go to the bars at 10 p.m. anymore. And I accept that fact and embrace it.
4. Speaking of bars, I don't get the point of going to dark, dirty, loud bars anymore. I rather drink wine on my deck thankyouverymuch.
5. Brunch is the best thing ever.
6. The stereotypes are true: I love going to bed by 10 p.m. Black coffee is where its at. Eating healthy really does make me feel like a million bucks. Dinner parties are my jam. I care about refinancing my mortgage, planning for retirement and 401ks. I'm actually an adult now, I think.
7. The clothes of my 20s don't necessarily fit my lifestyle anymore. I'm all about being sensible and comfortable these days.
8. It's all about quality over quantity. I enjoy fine dining. Fine wine. High thread counts on my sheets. Clothes that last. Luxury hotels.
9. It still shocks me when people younger than me don't know who Nirvana is. Or that Friends is now on Nick at Nite. Or how old Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford and John Travolta are looking. Time just flies way too fast.
10. Hangovers are NO joke. I don't usually drink too much that I get a hangover, but sometimes one glass of wine will cause it! And forget about if I have more than two. I'm out of commission the whole next day.
11. I've learned to advocate for me. For my well being. For my health. For my happiness.
12. I get excited for weekends with no plans.
13. In fact, my idea of a great Friday night is a glass of wine and a good show on Netflix. And I'm okay with that. It's my reality now.
14. My 20s will always hold a special place in my heart because so many great, big moments happened. But I love being in my 30s. I feel more settled. More comfortable in my own skin. I have more money than in my 20s and I can travel more. I know who I am and what I stand for. I'm more confident and value authenticity. I wouldn't trade it. Life doesn't end when you turn 30. Actually, life gets better the older you get.
15. Savor every birthday. Growing older is a gift not everyone is granted. I still love birthdays. I really thought I wouldn't, but I do. I still get so excited about my birthday. G spoils me. My family spoils me. We just love to make a big deal out of birthdays and I love that and I don't think I'll ever grow out of that.
16. In fact, I love to celebrate anything and everything. Anniversaries. Birthdays. House anniversaries. And little things like our dating anniversary. Manny's birthday and adoption day. Or when I did something that scared me. I like to celebrate it all!
17. If you don't advocate for your health no one will. Sometimes you have to really push to get answers and it's frustrating but it's worth it. Advocate for your health. Take advantage of preventive doctor appointments which is hard because no one is making me do it anymore. But it's so important.
18. Never stop dreaming. Never stop making goals. Life is hard, but life is also beautiful. Savor every moment. Live in the present, but plan for your future. Dream and chase those dreams.
19. I know myself. I know I hate big crowds. The being at a big concert or sporting event will stress me out and drain me. That I thrive in small groups. Intimate dinner parties.
20. Friendships come and go. Sometimes friendships have seasons and it's okay to let go if you are the one doing all the work. Or if the relationship becomes toxic and you feel constantly drained or frustrated.
21. Be a good friend and hold on to the ones who stick with you in the good, bad and the ugly. The friendships that energize you, bring joy and are life giving. Nurture and grow those relationships and fight for them.
22. Netflix is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I love TV and I love binge watching shows. It's one of my favorite ways to pass the time and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
23. Because it's important to rest. To unwind and not think. To relax. Everyone seems to be so busy and that is draining. I can't be go, go, go all the time. It's just not how I'm wired and personally I think no one is really wired to be so BUSY. I need downtime every night to read a book and relax. A day of the weekend to binge watch a show and chill out.
24. I'm at this crazy stage in my life where I feel I can share what I've learned and write a post about it because I actually have life experience now. People actually ask me for advice and I am realizing I have wise words to share. It's kinda crazy.
25. Dinner parties are the bomb dot com. So is porch sitting. I'll never pass up the opportunity to be outside sipping coffee or a cocktail or eating good food.
26. Live in the present. Not for the next big thing. Learn from your past. Pray about your future. Enjoy every second you got on this earth because it goes so dang fast and I don't want to miss a thing.
27. It's important to be active. To eat healthy. To take risks. Put yourself out there. Smile at a stranger. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Give compliments. Don't worry so much.
28. The rumors are true. Your metabolism slows down the older you get so you can't eat as much as you used to. Bad news bears.
29. I didn't know as much as I thought I did in my 20s.
30. Life doesn't have to look a certain way. It can look however you want it to be. Live a life true to your goals. True to yourself. No matter what that looks like. Pave your own path and own it!
**This post is dedicated to Eric and Jess who both turn 30 this year. Happy birthday Jess!!!**