Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Weekend Recap

This weekend was fabulous. We had Friday off for the 4th of July so it was a three day weekend. Woohoo!



We kicked it off Thursday night at our favorite Korean restaurant with friends. We hung out for over 2 hours catching up. That's the best, right? The food was pretty great too. After dinner we walked next door to Fresh Thyme and did a bit of grocery shopping. We came home, took Manny for a walk and I read before calling it a night.



G and I sat on the deck and ate breakfast together Friday morning. I purchased this quiche at Fresh Thyme and it was amazing. That crust! After a leisurely morning on the deck we got to work. G mowed the front and back, cleaned out the flower beds, trimmed all the overgrown trees, weeded and swept the downstairs patio. I took Manny for a run/walk, cleaned the house and did a few loads of laundry. Phew! Glad to get all that done so we could enjoy the rest of the weekend.





G grilled chicken and I made burrito bowls for us for lunch.We sat outside and ate. I'm currently obsessed with La Croix Berry flavor. So good!



After lunch G set up our pool and rafts. Hillbilly paradise! I'm not sure why we didn't set it up last year but I'm sure glad we did this year. We spent the rest of the afternoon floating, listening to country music and reading magazines in the pool. It was perfection!



We came in about four hours later, showered and sat on the deck. I could not put down The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlan. It was so good! We ate dinner and I stayed on the deck all night until I finished this book. It was such a fun read and I highly recommend it! Full of twists and turns and I just had to know how it ended.






Saturday morning we slept in. Drank coffee and ate more quiche on the deck. Then we headed over to the lake to walk/run with Manny. It was another gorgeous day! We could not get over how busy the lake was with so many boats so after our walk/run we sat and watched. 



We came home around 1:00 and made chili cheese fries for lunch and then spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying our little hillbilly oasis. Music up, floating, reading magazines. It was perfection. We came in around 6:30 and relaxed. I started this new show I was told by two people I would love and I do. So my new show right now is Beauty and the Beast and I love it! I binge watched it Saturday night.





Sunday we drank coffee and ate more quiche on the deck. G and I took Manny for a run/walk around the neighborhood and cleaned the garage. Then we packed a lunch and headed to the beach around 11:30. We floated on the lake for a good few hours before coming up to the beach for lunch. Then we were back out on the water floating. 


The lake was crazy busy with tons of boats, skiers, and tubers so the entertainment was endless. It was so relaxing and I think I said "This is why I love summer in Michigan" about a thousand times. 



It started getting really crowded around 4 so we called it a day. We came home and I made burrito bowls for us again. So good! Then I watched more Beauty and the Beast and we ended the lovely three day weekend watching USA dominate at the World Cup. Awesome! 

How was your holiday weekend?

4 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

Looks like an awesome weekend! Those fries are making me hungry right now!

stribble29 said...

Girl......you look GOOD!!!!!

anneseverydaylife said...

Your weekend looked amazing! I liked that book too :-) Your oasis looks wonderful! It's nice you have that concrete down there. I would love to do it but I think it would kill all the grass, boo! There is a fresh thyme coming near us, I will have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

I gotta admit - I'm a bit jealous of your fabulous weekend. It sounds so peaceful and relaxing! So happy you guys got to really squeeze so much enjoyment out of it. And thanks for the book recommendation!! I just finished "All the Light We Cannot See" (which was pretty good, but the ending dragged don necessarily, so that left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. :/ ) and am in need of a good new one to dive into. I'll have to check The Silent Sister out! Also, never heard of Fresh Thyme, but I'll have to check around and see if it's made it's way to Texas, yet.