Friday, July 10, 2015

Fit Friday!

The workouts:

Manny and I are still running/walking every morning and then I walk an hour on lunch. G and I have started walking after dinner too which is a nice tradition I'm glad we're getting back into it. Lots of walking! You can't say I'm not enjoying this lovely Michigan weather.

The results:



(via)

Pounds Lost: 1 lb
Total: 22 lbs

I'm happy to see a loss again, even on a holiday weekend! AND after not seeing a loss the week before. Woohoo!

The eats:


My breakfast this week has been a protein shake with spinach, banana, vanilla protein powder, almond milk, ice and coffee.  YUM!





Or a bagel thin with eggs and a side of fruit. Cherries are my obsession right now.


My lunches this week has been grilled chicken with romaine lettuce and Ken's lite Cesar. It's a nice change and so good.


I went to lunch with the girls on Thursday and tried Pho soup for the first time. I'm a fan!


My snacks have been a cup of berries and cottage cheese. But not mixed together because that is not how I roll. I'm trying to up my fruit intake and these berries are making it super easy.



Monday night we had errands to run and it was the first day back after a holiday weekend so I was not in the mood to cook. We grabbed Chinese and it was an excellent decision. I know I sound like a broken record but I'm so proud of myself for portion control. I used to eat this is one sitting, but now I get 3 to 4 meals out of it. WINNING.



Tuesday night my sweet friend and I went to Aubree's to meet with a friend we used to work with. It was so good to catch up and have authentic conversation. Also, the feta garlic bread was the bomb dot com!



Wednesday night our Bible Study was cancelled so it was a nice quiet night at home. G had some of the leftover pizza I brought home for him and I had leftover Chinese. 


Thursday night we had chicken curry. If I cook once during the week it's a win. And leftovers are the BEST. Our weeks have been really busy and fun so we've been eating out a lot more, but we balance it out by eating in all weekend so it works for me. I'm just embracing this season of life. 

Tonight we are going to a bbq with Manny. He is going to be on cloud 9 playing with another pup and running free in a fenced yard again!

Thoughts:

I recently read in my Nutrition Action Newsletter that the best diet is the one that  you can stick with for two years. It made me smile because I can continue this lifestyle for two years. I don't feel deprived. I mean, you guys. I had garlic feta bread and Chinese food this week! I love walking Manny. I'm loving the food I'm eating. I eat more veggies and fruits so I never feel hungry. I can and I will continue this lifestyle and reach my goal. 

How are you guys doing?

1 comment:

mags said...

Congrats on the 22 pound weight loss!!! Fabulous! I'm holding steady at 24 lbs lost. I really need to up my exercise! I'd like to lose 10 more pounds - but, like you I'm trying to enjoy the journey...Keep up the great work!