Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thirteen for Thursday

1. I realized while browsing Pinterest that if a recipe has more than 5 ingredients in it I won't make it. I'm just not that ambitious.


2. I can't even remember the last time I had chips, salsa and a margarita. I finally had one and it tasted so amazing. YUM!

3. My super power is sleeping. I fall asleep the minute my head hits the pillow. I'm a deep sleeper and won't wake up for anything. I never realized how much of a blessing it was until I slept next to someone who struggles to fall asleep at night. Wakes up to every little sound. Can't sleep past 6:00 a.m. on a Saturday. Bless his heart!


(via)

4. 20 puppies cuddling with their stuffed animals is EVERYTHING. 

5. I have had such intense cravings for sushi lately. Like it's all I want all the time. My favorite sushi place is so cheap too so it makes it really tempting. I really could eat it all day everyday 


(via)

6. I love going to Trader Joe's with friends so we can share with each other what our favorite products are. My friend told me about this peanut butter and I'm OBSESSED. With a sprinkle of cinnamon on toast or a waffle it hits the spot. The flax and chia seeds are just a bonus nutritional benefit!



7. One of the best kitchen hacks I ever learned was to put ripe bananas in plastic bags and freeze them. You get a good few weeks out of them doing this. It makes it super easy to dump them in a smoothie too!

8. There are not a lot of movies or shows I want to watch more than once. But Friends is definitely one of those shows. G and I recently started watching reruns together on lazy nights at home and it's so much fun. We just crack up. Such a quality show!



9. My sweet Manny. It's funny because we all have our spots in the living room. I have the couch. G has the arm chair. Manny has this round chair. He doesn't snuggle on the couch with me as much as he gets older. He prefers to stretch out in his chair.

10. I miss Shark week already. I look forward to that week every year! And then don't want to go in the ocean for a good six months...



11. A few weeks ago our team at work hosted a Baby-Q for our sweet team leader. We went to a friend's house during lunch and ate pulled pork, pasta salad, chips, fruit and these cute cupcakes.

12. I need new nail polish colors. I only have about 5 colors and the rotation is starting to bore me. It's hard to find the cheap polishes, but I refuse to pay over $5 for nail polish. Here is my trick: I buy the cheap polishes and splurged on the Sally Hansen top coat clear polish. 



13. I'm currently reading Small Victories by Anne Lamott and I dig it. She writes little essays. Some are laugh out loud funny. Some are sad and made me cry. This book reminds me of Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Dolyle Melton but it's not AS good.

2 comments:

Robyn Proctor said...

I'm the same way with recipes! NYC has some great polishes, their quick-dry ones are under $2!

Anne said...

September is always over on her own chair too while we're on the couch. I wish she would snuggle with us!