Thursday, May 7, 2015

What Are You Admittedly Horrible At

I saw this idea on Heather's blog and thought it would be fun to share. I liked that Heather wanted to share her 12 because through social media we are always portraying a perfect self. I post things that make me happy on Instagram and I try to stay mostly positive (but real) on my blog. I'm not perfect by a long stretch, but I also don't love to think about the bad. But I thought it would be fun to share my 12 things I'm horrible at...

1. Putting in the garbage bag. I don't why this is so hard for me to do. G has showed me how to put the bag in and tie the bag into the little hole in the back but I never do it right. Now I'm just too lazy so G always corrects the bag for me.

2. Remembering anything. I have the worst memory. It's terrible. It's why I keep a blog. So I can remember my life! I will read a book and forget what it was about a month later and reread it. I'm always writing myself notes so I don't forget. Walking into a room and forgetting what I came in for? Story of my life!

3. Meal planning. I try to be good at this. I really do. But it ends up stressing me out because I'm so indecisive. How will I know what I want to eat on Thursday when it's only Sunday? I've accepted this fact and I meal plan the night before and it has been working just fine.

4. Being on time. I don't know what happened. I used to be a prompt person but now I'm always running out the door. Rushing. Always rushing. Mornings are always hectic to get out the door for work. Getting to non-work events are just as tough because I always underestimate how long it will take to get where we are going.

5. Mowing the lawn. I've never actually done it in my life so I imagine I'd be pretty terrible at it. How do you even turn it on?

6. Multitasking. I love to work on one thing at a time. I love uninterrupted time to get one thing done and then feel I can move on to the next task. I hate having to juggle more than one thing at the same time. I get sidetracked. I get stressed if I'm reading more than two books at a time for heaven's sake.

7. Staying awake past 10:00 p.m. I start winding down around 9 and if I'm asleep by 9:30 that's a win in my book. I feel amazing the next day. The struggle is real after 10 p.m. as I try to stay awake.

8. Making decisions. I'm so indecisive. It actually annoys me sometimes how hard it is for me to make a decision. What to have for dinner? UGH. Hardest decision ever. G and I have had fights over this because it's never good to disagree when you're hangry. Even the big decisions. G and I have this rule that for every big decision we have to sleep on it. You just never know what your perspective will be on it in the morning, you know?

9. Turning down a glass of wine or Cheez-its. Can't do it. They are both just too good.

10. Forgetting Manny isn't my child.  I'm always cuddling him, talking to him, talking about him, and buying him stuff. I wish I could take him to work with me. I love the days we don't have to leave the house and can hang out together all day.

11. Staying away from social media. I'm so addicted to my phone. I love reading blogs and browsing Instagram so much.

12. Math. Don't ask me to do any kind of math. I am just not a numbers person. Ask my dad. There are nights we would be at the kitchen table for hours as he tried to explain my math homework to me and it just wouldn't click.

Your turn! What are you horrible at?

3 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

Wow...with the exception of Math, I think we could be twins! ;) Love this list!

anneseverydaylife said...

Me too, Doug even told me to ask my doctor to give me alz meds :( and so true about the pet love!! I'm always showing people phone pics of September :)

AfterGirl said...

Hey, on the meal planning, plan dinners not the day you will have them. That way you have the ingredients on hand and can have whatever floats your boat on that particular day, even take away!