Friday, May 22, 2015

21 Day Fix Recap: Week 2

(via)

Week 2 of the 21 Day Fix is in the books. You can find my review of week 1 here. Today is day 12 which means I'm more than half way. Woohoo! I didn't lose anything the first week so it's a miracle I kept going. But I did because I felt so good. I didn't expect to feel so good eating all whole foods. People who would say that annoyed me but now I am one of those people. And surprisingly it is not as difficult as I thought it would be to cut out processed food. I don't miss it. And bonus, G is loving it too. The only negative I have is I'm getting pretty tired of meat. I did some research and found some fun vegetarian options on pinterest so next week I can switch it up. Look for those recipes next week but first lets see my eats from this past week.



My breakfasts this week have been 2 eggs in a mug with a cup of spinach and Laughing Cow cheese with a side of strawberries (1 red, 1 green, 1 blue and 1 purple). It's super filling and keeps me full until lunch. I kinda missed a slice of bread with this but I forgot to buy it last time I was at the store.



I've had a Chicken Burrito Bowl for lunch and dinner a few times over the weekend. I make it with spinach, rice, chicken and Greek yogurt (1 green, 1 yellow, 1.5 red). It's a hit!



We've been grilling a ton lately. G made a bunch of chicken and I would throw it in a burrito bowl or eat it with 1/4 avocado. OMG. Chicken and avocado together is life changing. I'm obsessed and have probably eaten it five more times since. Also? Grilled Brussels are 1000 times better than steamed. So flavorful!



G also grilled flank steak on the grill for us to eat over the weekend. G likes it plain with corn on the cob and I like it with grilled Brussels and asparagus, rice and soy sauce (1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 orange). Corn is a carb on this program and I'm just not willing to give up one of my carbs for corn. 



Sunday and Monday night I ate tacos with Greek yogurt (1.5 red, 1 yellow and 1 green). So good! I could eat this every night except I just read eating red meat more than twice a week isn't good for you so I need to cut back on my red meat intake like yesterday.



Tuesday night G grilled a bunch of chicken and I had made a big batch of brown rice and I tossed some chicken into a portion of the rice with steamed broccoli and some soy sauce and it was amazing (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green, and 1 orange).


Wednesday night I was craving sushi in the worse way so I had a roll (1 yellow, 1 red and 1 green). I've never had just one roll before but it was surprisingly enough. I was full and I felt like I truly savored it and enjoyed it. WORTH IT. I could seriously eat sushi everyday.



G grilled a bunch of chicken brats Sunday so my lunches this week have been a chicken brat with half a bun, a side of sugar snap peas and an apple (2 green, 1 yellow, 1 red and 2 purple).



Or I'd have leftover chicken stir fry for lunch. I divided up the rest of the brown rice and steamed broccoli with the leftover chicken. Meal prep, what?!



My snack this week has been cottage cheese (1 red). So good!



Or a protein shake with 1 scoop whey protein powder, half a banana, one cup coffee, 2 cups ice, and 2 cups spinach (1 red, 1 purple and 1 2 green). It tastes pretty close to a Starbucks frapp. But I'm not going to lie. I really want to try the Starbucks new S'more Frapp flavor!



A friend recommended adding fruit to La Cruix so I've been adding strawberries to my orange flavored water and it is delish! I don't miss pop at all. I don't really miss wine either. Okay that's a lie. I miss wine.

I'm still loving the workouts. Here is my full review of the workouts:

Plyo Fix Extreme - Still love it! Weighted jumping is my favorite.

Upper Fix Extreme - This is quickly becoming my favorite workout. I'm already starting to notice definition in my arms and I couldn't be happier about that.

Pilates Fix Extreme - I'm liking this one more and more. Pilates is so new to me so it's taking me a while to get the hang of it. I am getting the hang of it though and I'm starting to notice I can keep up with Autumn more now that my core strength is getting better.

Lower Fix Extreme - I usually really love leg workouts but this one is so hard that I have a love/hate relationship with it. By the end I'm just dripping in sweat. 


Cardio Fix Extreme - Last Friday was the first time doing it and that evening my upper back hurt so badly I had trouble sleeping. I think I jumped the gun on using ten pound weights with it so I stuck with 5 pounders and feel much better. Phew!

Dirty 30 Extreme - This is my coworkers favorite and I really like it too. It's a fun workout and it seems to go the fastest for me.

Yoga Extreme - I did about ten minutes and got bored. I don't know why but I really hate yoga. I really believe in a rest day so I've deemed Sunday as my rest day instead. I might try again this Sunday but it felt good to just let walking Manny and cleaning the house be my workout this day.

Overall I'm really loving the program. The first weekend was hard, but we kept active and grilled out. G is on board and eating the same way so that helps a ton.



It also doesn't require as much meal planning as I had thought. I will boil some eggs, grill some brats or chicken and make a batch of brown rice on Sundays. We usually just make extra of whatever we are cooking Sunday so we can get leftovers for lunch for the week and that has helped a bunch. I'm excited to branch out next week now that I'm getting the hang of this and try new recipes.

Do you have any questions about the program? 
Do you have any tips or tricks for being successful on the program? I would love to hear them!

3 comments:

Jen Caputo said...

Congrats on sticking with it for two weeks! I totally know what you mean about the whole foods. I cut out processed foods a few years ago and now they kind of gross me out. I so admire your dedication to working out. I wish I got that gene! xoxo

Rebecca Jo said...

I ordered mine & cant wait to start it. I'm a vegetarian so I'm anxious to see how it works with this program....

mags said...

Congrats on doing so well on the 21 Day Fix! How exciting! I've been doing the Whole30 plan and it's been going great. I'm on day 20 - 10 more days to go! Wee!

Keep up the good work!