Friday, February 13, 2015

Fit Friday!

(via)

Workouts this week:

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Walk an hour on lunch and Body Revolution (BR) Workout 5
Tuesday - 
BR Workout 6
Wednesday - BR Cardio 2
Thursday - 
Walk an hour on lunch and BR Workout 5
Friday  - 
Walk an hour on lunch and BR Workout 6
Saturday - BR Cardio 2


My knee pain is gone! I took Saturday and Sunday off from Jillian and just walked Manny and that seemed to do the trick.

I think what I'm enjoying most about her workouts is just when I start getting tired of them they switch. You don't get bored on this program, that's for sure. At the end of Workout 5 I felt like my arms were going to fall off and I couldn't go on. Then I remembered this was the last time I would do Workout 5 and it gave me the strength to push on. Jillian is tough ya'll. She is totally kicking my butt.

Weigh in this week:

Pounds Lost: .6 pounds
To Go: 45 to go
Total Lost: 11 pounds


You guys! I just broke my ten pound curse as I have started calling it. Last year I lost ten pounds, got discouraged I had so much to go and gained it back. I did that three times last year. Grrrrrrrrr. I could have lost 30 pounds last year if I just sucked it up and kept pushing through. But this time I'm doing it! I finally got back on track after the holidays ruined me and I'm pushing past the ten pound curse. WOOHOO! 

Thoughts this week:


(via)

I found the above formula on Pinterest and punched in my info and realized I should be eating about 1700 calories a day. I upped my calories from 1300 - 1500 calories to 1700 calories and have started seeing the scale move. My weigh in day isn't until Sunday, but I sneaked a look today and was surprised to see a loss after weeks of maintaining. I wonder if the scale will move even more by Sunday. It's the best feeling!!!! It's working!

To be honest I was starting to get discouraged. My internal voice would beat me up and say mean things like "Why can't you do this?!" and "Maybe you'll always be overweight" and "You did this before, why can't you do it again?" She's mean, that voice. But it made me think back to when I lost 25 pounds after I got married and I realized how unhealthy I had done it that time. I ate between 800 to 1200 calories a day. I was always starving. I always had headaches. It wasn't sustainable and it wasn't healthy. And I still felt fat even when I hit 130 pounds. 

This time around it's not a diet. It's a lifestyle. It's not about starving myself and suffering from headaches every night. My mind is in a much healthier place. I'm enjoying this journey and it's not about the end goal. It's about becoming confident with who I am now while making the changes to a healthier me. Eating healthy food and reaping the benefits of feeling good and sleeping great. 

As you will notice from my eats this week below I'm not depriving myself. I'm cooking good food I enjoy. I'm watching portions and eating more fruits and veggies. Keeping active. Feeling healthy mentally. Not feeling deprived. Not starving and getting headaches. This may take a bit longer but it will be sustainable and that is the most important thing to me.

Breakfasts this week:



2 eggs in a mug with 1/4 cup cheddar on a Sandwich Thin. Pretty much the best thing ever with a side of Dunkin Donuts Blueberry Coffee. Also? A sneak peak of our new mugs! I'm on a huge turquoise kick right now.



Naturally the first thing I would make in my new oven is an egg bake. I have missed my breakfast casseroles. I made Kalyn's Kitchen Swiss Chard, Mozzarella and Feta Egg Bake. I forgot to add the feta cheese and that was a big mistake. It was still great though, but the feta makes it.

Lunches this week:



We had a team lunch Friday and I got the Smoked Gouda Macaroni and Cheese. I had leftovers Saturday and it was just as delicious as it was on Friday.



My lunches have been mostly leftovers, but I did have Campbell's Italian Wedding Soup one day.



Leftover Shepherd's Pie. It doesn't look good but it is AMAZING. It's one of those recipes that tastes even better the next day. 



G thought I was crazy for trying to reinvent my leftover Chinese food vegetable fried rice. But jokes on him because it was AMAZING. I steamed some asparagus and made some chicken and tossed it together with a cup of leftover rice and it was the perfect lunch.

Snacks this week:



Kind bars are my obsession. I don't think I've had a flavor I didn't love. 



I switched it up a few times with a berry smoothie. So refreshing!

My dinner menu this week:



I got to meal plan and grocery shop this week. EEEEEEE! So exciting. I don't know if I'm just out of the groove but it was hard. I'm so indecisive.



Sunday - Lasagna at my parent's house



Monday - Sushi night with friends



Tuesday - South African Cook and Enjoy's Shepherd's Pie



Wednesday - Chicken Pesto Pasta (with onion and artichokes)



Thursday - Leftover pasta with a side of  Brussels sprouts


(via)

Friday - Tonight will either be leftover pasta again or Turkey, Avocado and Hummus Wrap that I had originally planned for our lunches this week but we had so many leftovers we haven't made them yet.


How are you guys doing?
Do you like the new layout?
Any tips or tricks on how to meal plan?

No comments: