Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Life Lately

Life has been good lately. G and I have been doing Sacred Marriage with our church and it has been really fun. I need to do a whole separate post on that alone. We hosted friends for dinner. G has been playing soccer on Monday nights.



We also enjoyed a quiet weekend up north at a friend's lake house. The weather was in the high 70s and the leaves were changing. It was incredible.



We kayaked. We binge watched the first season of Dexter. We spent quite mornings on the dock drinking our coffee.



G spent a lot of time fishing. I brought the lounge chair to the edge of the dock and laid out and read.



We brought Manny which was really fun. We paddle boated with Manny and he enjoyed his first dip in the lake. He was so close to jumping out so G gave him a nudge and he went in. I warned G if he did that he better be prepared to save him if he sinks. Luckily Manny can swim! It was more out of necessity than enjoyment, but the dog can swim. We brought him back onto the boat and he jumped in all by himself. I think it may be safe to say he is starting to like the water.



It was so relaxing and just the perfect way to unwind after a busy week.



G and I went to this River Trail near work to walk on lunch and I loved that this was spray painted on the trail. 



We walked to this lake. So pretty! I love how calming water is to me. The perfect break in the day.



G and I went on a date night to Outback Steakhouse. The New South Wales Sangria was the perfect way to kick off the weekend! We were hosting a few events so we went grocery shopping after dinner. We are still having a bit of a wasp problem on the side of our house and had to restock on spray. It took FOUR stops to find spray! I'm not sure if everyone is having wasp issues or what but it was ridiculous. 



Saturday I hosted a Scarf Exchange Party with a few girls from work. It was so much fun!



I was in charge of drinks so I made a Skinny Apple Cinnamon Sangria (recipe coming tomm!) and hot apple cider in the crock pot. 



Everyone brought a dish to pass. There was apple pie in apples. Spinach and artichoke dip. Taco cups.



Chili and corn bread. Greek salad. Caprese Salad on a stick.



Seriously good eats. We filled up our plates and enjoyed being together. There was lots of laughter. It was just such a nice time and so relaxing.



After lunch we exchanged scarves. We all loved the scarves we ended up with. So fun! I think we will definitely do this again.



Next up we did a craft. It really was a girls day and we had so much fun spending a relaxing Saturday together outside of the office. My friend Kate had this idea to do this mug art craft she found on Pinterest. It looked easy enough so I was game! It was so much fun. I could have done 10 more. 



This is my mug. I'm obsessed with it! Monday we all brought our mugs to work and worn our scarves. So fun! It was such a nice day.



Sunday was another nice relaxing day. My family came over and we caught up on life. Brad was in town from Chicago. We celebrated my mom's birthday. I got some snuggle time with sweet Ella bean. My parents had just gotten back from Kauai a few weeks ago so we were dying to see their pictures. Gosh, I love that place and it made me want to go back so bad. I made White Chicken Chili, corn bread and salad. It was just a nice visit spending the day with everyone.



This picture makes me so happy. G was trying to get Ella to laugh and as you can see from the picture he did NOT succeed. But! He did get Brad and I to crack up. Ha!



G and I are on Season 2 of Dexter and we also started watching The New Girl and we love it so much. In other news, my office fish Chandler is still alive and kicking. He inherited some marbles and a plant and his tank is looking so nice. 



We had a nice bbq outside at work last week. G maned the grill and it was nice to sit outside and eat good food and hang out with co workers.


Yesterday on our drive home from work we saw a double rainbow. It is faint in this picture, but it was so much more stunning in person. First time I ever saw that, very cool. People were pulling over all over the highway to get a shot. I just rolled down my window so it's not the best shot because it was two FULL rainbows. Stunning! Also, it looked like we were driving to the end of the rainbow. Loved it.



G is still working hard on the bar. It's looking great, no? Now the question is to paint it or stain it? Thoughts?

So that's life lately. Date nights. Hosting family and friends. A lake weekend away. Trying to get rid of a wasp nest. Bar building. Double rainbows. Lots of Dexter. Life is good. :)

What's new with you guys?

4 comments:

Jen Caputo said...

Hey cousin! Great post :) What a fun girls night, those apple pies are adorable. I love your mug too!! I'm so happy the dog didn't sink like ours did! Wooohoo!!!
Holy amazing!!! Garth's bar looks sooooooo good! I can't wait to see all of the details!
I definitely would not paint it. I kind of like it how it is... love all the variation on the top... I would maybe stain the base of it and then just seal the top to leave in that beautiful color gradation.

Anne said...

Wow! The bar looks great! I don't know about stain, it looks so good as it is! Everything in this post is wonderful, the lake, your great girls at work, your outfit in the pic with baby girl, your mug art, so pretty! looking forward to the Apple drink recipe :-) I'm glad things are going so well!

Melissa said...

The bar looks AWESOME! I think I would stain it if anything---you can always paint if you don't like the way a stain looks but you can't really do the reverse.

Also love the idea of a scarf exchange--definitely gave me an idea for the holiday swap I'll be hosting in December :)

AfterGirl said...

You could us want color stain! Best of both worlds!