Thursday, October 9, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Sangria Recipe


I love a good sangria. I mean, what's more fun and festive than drinking a beverage with fruit floating in it?! My only stipulation is it can't be too sweet. Or too caloric. This sangria hit the mark. Not too sweet. Only 103 calories per glass. The perfect fall drink.


The recipe is below from Emily Bites. The only modification I made is I used Captain Morgan Spiced Rum because my Meijer didn't have Goldschlager and only had Peppermint Schnapps.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 small apple, chopped
  • 8 oz (1 fl cup) semi-dry champagne (white wine can be substituted if you have it on hand)
  • 16 oz (2 fl cups) Trop50 Farmstand Apple Juice
  • 4 oz (1/2 fl cup) club soda
  • 2 oz (1/4 fl cup) Goldschlager (or another cinnamon schnapps)

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir together well to combine. Refrigerate for a bit to chill and allow the apples to soak up the flavors.
  2. Pour over ice into 5 glasses. Each glass gets ¾ fl cup (6 oz) of the liquid cocktail and 1/5 of the chopped apples.
Enjoy! :)

No comments: