Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Day in the Life

I haven't done one of these posts in a while so I thought it was time. I enjoy reading other day in the life posts so I thought it would be fun to write my own and look back at it years later. Here is a typical Thursday:

6:05 a.m. Alarm goes off. Turn it off and roll over for a few more minutes. I was sleeping so good. It's so hard to get up when it's chilly outside. The bed is so warm. 

6:15 a.m. Turn the coffee on. Take Manny outside.

6:20 a.m. Feed the pupper. After he eats he goes right back upstairs to snuggle with G. It has become his routine and it's adorable.

6:23 a.m. Coffee and reading. I try to do morning devotionals every other day and read when I'm into a good book. Today was a fun read day and I am really enjoying this one.

6:45 a.m. T25 time! Today was Dynamic Core. This was my least favorite for awhile, but now I find I can actually do some of the core moves without my hands on the floor so I'm enjoying it more. I'm getting core strength!!

7:05 a.m. G wakes up and makes his coffee while I pour my second (and last!) cup of coffee and get my breakfast ready. Today I had a hard boiled egg and Honey Bunches of Oats and almond milk. G and I chit chat for a bit about how we slept and what we should have for dinner and laugh that Manny didn't follow G down to hang out. He was still in bed sleeping upstairs, ha!

7:25 a.m. Wake Manny up for his walk. It is cold this morning. 28 degrees! Brrrr!

We go our usual route and we don't see any other dogs which means Manny walked really well. I had to snap of pic of this house we passed on our walk. Fun, huh?! Our sub goes all out on Halloween and we get well over 200 trick or treaters, but this is the first Haunted House I've seen. 

7:55 a.m. Manny must have been cold on our walk because he makes a beeline for the bed and burrows himself under the covers. I shower and get dressed for the day while Manny sleeps again.

8:20 a.m. On our way to work! I felt adventurous today and wore these patterned leggings. The first pair of patterned pants I have ever owned. Exciting!

8:40 a.m. Driving to work... Well, G is driving today. I read out loud the chapters we had to read for Book Club tomorrow. We discussed the chapter, then listened to some Kacey Musgraves (love her so so much!) and then arrived at work at 9:00. 

10:00 a.m. My breakfast wasn't as filling as I would have liked so I ate half a TJ Lemon Poppyseed Muffin made with Greek yogurt. So good! G loves them too so that is a bonus.

12:15 p.m. Hungry!!! Time for lunch so I warmed up leftover crock pot chicken curry from the night before. I swear it tastes better than when I made it. Warm and carby and feeds the soul. And my tummy. I was perfectly satisfied afterwards.

1:15 p.m. Fresh air! Went for a walk in the neighborhood by work with a co-worker I'm lucky enough to call a dear friend. We never run out of stuff to talk about. Recipes, work, what we did last night, etc. Typical girl stuff. It was almost 60 degrees and sunny so it was just the perfect fall day to be outside.

2:15 p.m. Back to the grind. Buying parts, writing emails, calling for pricing, talking to vendors, just doing that thing that I do. Saving the world one part at a time, ha!

6:15 p.m. Left work and headed home. I read the last chapter we needed to read for book club. If you haven't read Leadership and Self-Deception I highly recommend it! The rest of the car ride we talked about work and what's for dinner. This is a ridiculously serious conversation. Hence why I like when dinner is already made and ready for us! We are so indecisive.

7:15 p.m. Home and famished. Take Manny out, feed him, and then play with him for a little bit.

7:30 p.m. I change into comfy clothes, wash my face and pour a glass of wine. We decided to just pick up a Chicken Greek Salad on the way home and share that for dinner. It was easy and fast and we were famished.

8:15 p.m. Do the dishes and get really excited to light one of the two candles I got from Bath and Body Works the night before. I love their 2 for $22 sale and I especially love how delicious these two scents are. And how strong they are. The whole house smelled like a latte and that is just fine by me.

8:30 p.m. Settle in to relax. I laid on the couch and Manny snuggled under the blanket. He is such a burrower! G and I watched a couple episodes of Dexter. OMG. It is getting SO good. We are almost done with season 2, woohoo!

10:30 p.m. Take Manny out one last time and then head to bed. I don't take this for granted, but I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

That's a typical Thursday for us. Sometimes we go out to eat with friends after work, but that is pretty much our routine.

No comments: