Thursday, May 15, 2014

What is Instagram to you?

I'm thisclose to closing my Facebook. I've been thinking about it for a while and I'm just not there yet because I would miss so much. Friends getting married. Having babies. Buying houses. But I do find that Facebook can make you feel like you aren't doing enough. Aren't vacationing enough. Aren't eating out enough. Just are not enough period. Why am I comparing my life to one post? I know they are putting their best foot forward. Who wants to air the dirty laundry? The good, bad and the ugly? We just want to share the good. I get that. But my motto for my 30th year has been "if it's not life giving than don't do it." I know Facebook isn't life giving to me. It stresses me out. Makes me feel not good enough. Yet I'm addicted. I am trying to slowly wean myself off of it. Only checking it once a day. I might take it off my phone all together and maybe get to that point that I deactivate it. 

But Instagram? It's life giving. I love getting a peek into other people's lives, even celebrities. The moments captured are happy. Make me smile. Make me think. Make me laugh. I don't compare or feel less than when I'm on Instagram. I feel genuine happiness looking at sweet moments captured by friends. 


To some, Instagram is an outlet to capture everyday life moments. To others, it is to promote their blog or keep on track with weight loss or to document all they are thankful for at that particular moment. For me? For me Instagram is where I like to document what makes me happy. If I'm having a bad day I can look at my Instagram profile and see images that instantly cheer me up. Pictures of sunsets, the ocean, candles, good food, the people I love, my pup, wine, my backyard or house, etc.

What does Instagram mean to you?

Don't forget to follow me at learningtobeawife!  

4 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I love Instagram - its my favorite Social media... I think pictures are worth a thousand words :)

Kenya said...

i love instagram too. I like showcasing my happy moments too!

AfGolden said...

Love instagram!!! I'm like you .. it makes me happy! :)

Kristi McInerney said...

I will follow you! Instagram is my favorite too!