Thursday, May 22, 2014

Random Musings


  • Our hours changed this week from 8 to 5 to 9 to 6 and I have to say I'm loving the change. We usually work until 6 a few days a week anyways because the afternoons are the busiest time so leaving later hasn't been too much of an adjustment. But coming in earlier? OMG. It's amazing! I get up at my usual time, walk Manny, drink my coffee and do my devotional, do The Shred and then get ready for work. Amazing! I love it so much!
  • Finale week! Ahhh!! Can I just say how absolutely thrilled I was that Meryl and Max won DWTS? I love them together so much. I hope they start dating and get married! I just love that Max had his first win in 14 season and it was just so much fun to watch him be so tender and sweet this season. I have never been so into DWTS before, but I adored this season! Everyone was so good and I just loved all of the contestants.
  • American Idol! GAH! I wanted Jena (Farmington Hills, MI what?!) to win so badly. Even if she wasn't from my hometown I would still love her to pieces. I mean, her version of I Can't Help Falling in Love was incredible. I had goosebumps and it brought me to tears. I know, I thought I was crazy too until they panned to JLo and she was crying. I love the Elvis version, but she did it justice. Wow. If you haven't seen it, you must watch! Even though she didn't win, I think she's going places. I think she will still be a star. 
  • The weather is so perfect here. Sunny, high 70s. I think winter is finally behind us once and for all. Praise the Lord! We planted our sunflower seeds this past weekend and I cannot wait to see them in all their glory later this summer. 
  • So I am on day 2 of The Shred. I haven't done it in over a year. I have been preoccupied with Insanity which is awesome. But it's long. I heard a great podcast recently basically saying the key to a healthy lifestyle is high intensity 20 min workouts and watching what you eat. That is it. As Abel James says, abs are made in the kitchen. So I thought it was time to switch it up and give Jillian a try again and introduce high intensity workouts again! The verdict? Wow. I forgot how intense Jillian is, even Level 1! Having not lifted weights in over a year, I am extremely weak so it was even more challenging. But I just love the feeling of dripping in sweat after a 25 min workout and it has been nice incorporating weights again. I am so sore! But I love it. My plan is to do 30 days straight of The Shred like I did a couple years ago. I did every day (10 days on each level) and lost 20 pounds. Hopefully I will get the same results this time around too!
  • We are taking dinner to some really great friends tonight (Hi Brit!) and I'm excited to catch up and see their sweet girl, Callie. I love that we have started this thing where we bring dinner to each other's houses. Last time they came over and brought their award winning (seriously!) chili and tonight we are bringing pesto chicken pasta. Yum!
Give me your randoms!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

If you like Insanity other than the time commitment, look into Shaun T's program T25 once you finish 30DS. I've just started and love it, especially the fact it's only 25 minutes a day other than Friday!