Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Ten for Tuesday

1. I love this article on 15 Ways to be a Happier Human. Good read! Important lessons. I truly can say I'm working on all of these to get the most out of life. The older I get, the more I realize how short life really is.



2. This weekend was a good one. Friday night we went out to dinner with friends and then had them over for a bonfire at our house. The first bonfire of the season, hooray! Saturday was in the high 70s, sunny, perfection. We did yard work, took Manny for a long walk and ate breakfast and lunch outside. Does it get any better? It just made me so happy that summer is coming. Sunday we went to my parents because my brother was in town from Chicago. It was so nice to see everyone, get some snuggles in with Ella, and catch up.

3. I'm so psyched my hometown girl, Jena, is still in the running for American Idol. I could not be more proud. She is awesome. I also love Dexter. But mainly I just love the judges, they are just fun to watch. Even Ryan gets in on the action and it's hilarious. 

4. I'm also still loving DWTS.  I started watching for Candance Cameron, but I'm finding myself loving Meryl Davis and Charlie White so much. They are really good and seem so sweet and down to earth. I think we would be friends in real life. Also, this show is great inspiration for eating healthy and working out. The abs these women have are insane! Talk about motivation. 


(via)

5. I feel like cooking again. It's been a good while since I have. Unless you count throwing stuff into the crock pot to cook all day? Garth cooks on the weekend and I throw a few crock pot recipes together haphazardly. I wouldn't call that meal planning. Our weeks have been busy, but I'm looking forward to meal planning again. The first thing I'm going to make is this Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Pasta. Mark. My. Words.

6. I started doing The Shred again and oh my goodness! It is INTENSE. I forgot how hard it was. I cannot believe how sore I am. Also, there is just something about a 25 minute workout. Love it! 

7. I just finished Love Does. Seriously, you MUST read this book. It was a life changer and a book I think I'll need to read once a year. It is a great reminder to live. Just because you're alive doesn't mean you're living. Dream. Do. Go after your passion. You were created for a purpose. Go out and fulfill that purpose. As Goff says, "Leak Jesus every where you go." My co-worker and I are doing a book swap and she is going to borrow Love Does and I'm going to borrow The Fault in the Stars



8. Last weekend I had a really good margarita. Do you ever just crave really good Mexican food? I haven't had it in forever and was long overdue. It just hit the spot. And that margarita was amazing. It was a fun, spontaneous date night!

9. Last week Lacy Holsworth passed away from cancer at the age of 8. Adrian Payne of the MSU Spartans formed a friendship with her that was the sweetest bond you'll ever see. The world fell in love with her smile. Her story made me proud to be a Spartan. My co-worker wrote this great piece that sums up how I feel. It's worth a read! Rest in peace, sweet Lacy. No more pain. No more tears. Dancing with angels in heaven.

10. I love MyFitness Pal, but I'm trying out this new app Argus. I like that you take pictures of your food to track your calories. I like that it tracks the steps you take and monitors your sleep. It's fun to try out. Any cool new apps you are enjoying these days?

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I haven't read Love Does, but I've heard such amazing things about it. I think it needs to be my summer read after we get moved!

Cat @ MaryMarthaMama said...

I have not heard of Love Does, but I'm always on the look out for a good book so I'll add it to my list... So far how is that app working out? I'm having trouble imagining how it would track your food intake... you have to enter data in addition to pictures, right?

Jen Caputo said...

The Fault in Our Stars is great! Have your tissues handy though :) I miss last weekends weather so much already, this snow is downright disgusting..

Kenya said...

That recipe sounds amazing!! I am so jealous that you get to have a bonfire too!