Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I Want to be Someone Who...

My dear friend, Kate, has been such a supportive friend to me as I try to lose the weight. She is such a great sounding board with great advice. She recently mentioned a trick that worked for her was brainstorming a list of the kind of person you want to be. Shifting the focus to how can I lose weight/why haven't I lost the weight/will I ever lose the weight? to a more positive form of thinking. This was exactly what I needed to hear because I have let this weight loss journey become an obsession and that just isn't healthy. This is the perfect timing to focus on the kind of person I want to be because the meals plans will take the thinking/obsessing/planning out of it and I can spend more time thinking about other things. Better things. More important things. Without further ado, here is my list!

1. Does what she says she is going to do. 
2. Dresses nice and looks put together.
3. Leaks Jesus.
4. Works out at least 5 times a week.
5. Gives wise, Godly advise.
6. Dies to self and lives to serve and build up others.
7. Worries less, trusts God more.
8. Truly lives in the moment and embraces life fully.
9. Never stops trying new things. New foods. New places. New experiences.
10. Loves to laugh and laughs often. 
11. Doesn't take herself so seriously.
12. Works hard and honors God in all things.
13. Loves Garth, family and friends unconditionally.
14. Sees the world. Learns about new cultures. Never stops learning.
15. Is comfortable in her own skin.


1 comment:

Anne said...

You are so many of those things already! But you're right, it is a great time to release some of the pressure and fear about food and weight and to focus on Jesus and becoming more the woman He created you to be. You can do it!!