Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Random Musings


I bought flowers last weekend and it is just the breath of fresh air my house needed to get through the last of this tough winter. It seriously makes me smile every time I see them. I cannot wait to be able to pick flowers from my own yard soon!

***

I had a fun girls night Friday night and the rest of the weekend was super relaxing and lazy. We took leisurely walks around the neighborhood, cleaned, worked on a few projects around the house, church, and read. It was glorious. I love weekends like that.

***


Saturday morning Garth made my favorite breakfast. Scrambled eggs and Trader Joe's hash brown. So yummy! As much as I love my egg in a cup, there is nothing like the real thing on the stove. Yum!

***





I realize it's March and it's long overdue, but these are the Christmas cards I made. It was embarrassingly easy. I cut out holiday images from magazines like Real Simple and Martha Stewart Living and glued them to card stock. Easy peasy! It was a fun little project to do while watching holiday shows. My kind of craft!

***


Last Thursday morning we drove... I mean skated... to work. Terrifying!

***


Remember this spray painting project with the kitchen chairs? Yeah, it's been 2 months since I started. We haven't had a day above 35 degrees since. But it will be in the 40s all week so I do plan to finish this project this week. Get ready for a reveal next week!

***







I read an awesome article in my last Real Simple about balance that had some tips I plan to start implementing in my daily life. My favorite tip is the 10-10-10 rule. The plan is to think of how a decision will impact your life int he next 10 minutes, the next 10 months and then the next 10 years. I love this! I am the most indecisive person so having this rule to remember when making a decision has already proved really helpful. I also love the idea to sanctify the ordinary. I know I'm guilty of living for the next big thing, but I really am trying to live in the moment and find the joy in every moment.

***

I think that is enough randomness for a Tuesday. Give me your randoms!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Maybe that's what I need, some fresh flowers! Thanks for the idea. :)

And those Christmas cards were adorable!

Lauren said...

i should really be better about buying fresh flowers, they just make me happy everytime I see them!