Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Eats of the Week

I thought I would start a new little series on some of the eats for the week. It helps keep me accountable to eat well and keep portions in check if I take pictures of what I eat. I'm still getting in the hang of it and I forgot to take pictures of what I ate a few times, but here are some of my eats from last week.



I worked from home last Thursday due to 6 inches of snow so I made a yummy tuna melt with spinach.



Friday I made a turkey, spinach and mustard sandwich on whole wheat with a side of non-fat yogurt. I love a good sandwich. It was just what the doctor ordered as I plowed away at work trying to get caught up from being gone so long.



Okay, this isn't the healthiest thing in the world. But it was a 300 calorie, filling, delicious breakfast and I burned it off all day shoveling the snow we had this week! It is a Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissant. AHHH-Mazing! Paired with an orange it was a great breakfast. I don't know about you, but looking forward to this in the morning prevents me from late night snacking the night before.




Friday night Garth made edamame and steak and we ate leftovers Saturday too. I love the steak Garth makes! It is right up there with my dad's steak and Stillwater. Yum.


My best sandwich yet! Turkey, mustard, spinach and avocado on whole wheat. Amazing!!


I know this isn't an eat, but it's worth mentioning because it is just THAT good. And no, Trader Joe's is not paying me to say that. The vanilla cinnomon black tea and candy cane green tea are so delicious. With the -20 temps we are getting around these parts I cannot get enough of these sweet, hot beverages.

What are some of your eats this week?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! Love this idea! I've been trying to focus more on healthy eating and often don't know where to begin. This will give me some great ideas. Thanks!

Jen Caputo said...

Great job! Keep it up!! Did you get a new camera? Your photos are looking fantastic!