Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 Resolutions

Better late than never, right? I love a good list of goals to kick off a new year. Here are a few of the things I hope to accomplish this year.



But first I should mention the first two of my resolutions this year stem from Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow

1. Stop comparing my life/marriage/body to others. In order to be content this is a must. I want to learn to embrace the amazing blessings I have and NEVER take them for granted.

2. Stop complaining. Even about the weather. It's a bad habit I got into last year and I'm not even sure why. I have such a great life and I'm thankful for friends and my sweet husband who remind me not to complain. Treat each moment as a gift and truly soak it in. All of it. The good. Bad. Beautiful. Because it's my life and it is all for a reason.

3. I want to lose the 30 (maybe 40) pounds I have put on in the last few years once and for all. To conquer this goal I want to work out 6 times a week. Cook at least three meals a week. Eat out only once a week. Eat more fruits and veggies and less processed foods. Record everything I eat either by picture or MyFitness Pal. Break it up into smaller pieces - focus on 5 pound increments. Looking back at my posts from last year, I spent a lot of time obsessing and trying to lose to no avail. I just want to WANT it more. Be more aware of what I eat and how much I move. Not obsess so much about it. Discover my confidence and worth despite if the scale says my goal or it doesn't. 

4. Stop caring what others think so much.  I can't please everyone. It is just not possible. I have to take control of my own happiness. Learn to say no to things I don't really want to do. Life will go on without me. Instead, spend time with those who build me up. Take time for me. To do the hobbies I enjoy. To take more date nights out with Garth trying new things. Square dancing? Line dancing? Trying out a new bar? A new restaurant? Taking Manny to a dog park? The opportunities are endless. I just want to be more intentional with my time.

5. Watch less TV. In order to accomplish my first two resolutions I think I need to avoid shows like Real Housewives. It's not even that I want their life. But seeing how skinny they are or how many vacations they take I start to get jealous and I just don't want to foster that. I want to read more. Watch feel good TV like Ground Floor and Cougar Town that makes me laugh after a long day at work.

What are your resolutions this year?

No comments: