Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend


Thanksgiving weekend was good. We celebrated the day with family and ate good food, laughed, watched The Planet of the Apes (lame!) and caught up with my brother, Brad, from Chicago. I read Christmas magazines and laid around. I finally raked the leaves and organized the garage and cleaned the whole house.


We put up our Christmas decorations. 


And I just love our house with the twinkling lights. It is so magical. I wish they could stay up all year long!


We laid around and watched How I Met Your Mother and House Hunters. We also took advantage of free movie channels and watched Wreck it Ralph. LOVED this movie! It was so creative and cute.


We hosted my family for my dad's birthday celebration and my brothers and SIL got to meet Manny which was really fun! I made this white chicken chili and it was a hit. Garth deemed it his favorite chili yet. I omitted the tomato since my dad hates tomatoes and I added a can of chick peas. Amazing! I've been eating leftovers for lunch.

It was the perfect blend of relaxing, productive, and fun. Mostly I just realized how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family, a supportive, amazing husband, a sweet fur baby, and good friends I can text random thoughts.

1 comment:

The Pink Growl said...

I got completely sucked into a HIMYM marathon over the weekend too! I love that show!