Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Weekend Update

This weekend was a really good one. It was also a three day weekend which makes it even better. 

Thursday night we had obedience class and it also marks the second time Manny has NOT been car sick. That is success in my book. I guess it is common for puppies to have car sickness, but I have yet to meet another puppy parent that has encountered this. But if you are struggling with this we have found opening the window almost all the way has helped. Dare I even say cured? I know we will look back at this and laugh. Driving home in late November in 20 degree weather with the windows down while it snows all so Manny doesn't get sick. Worth it, though.



Manny and this Bernese Mountain dog, Lucille, were the only dogs in class this past week. It was actually really nice. Manny and Lucille played almost the entire class and just had a blast. They are the best of friends. I just could not get over how gentle Lucille was with Manny. Our instructor said she had never seen two dogs be so submissive with each other. It was cool to watch. It was also entertaining watching Lucille sit on Manny.


Friday Garth and I took the day off. We always do. It has become a tradition for us to take this particular day off each year to drive to Royal Oak for my annual eye surgery check-up. I can't believe it has been three years since I had eye surgery. We take the day off, go to the appointment, and then enjoy the day off celebrating my vision.


This year we went out to breakfast at The Original Pancake House. I have always wanted to go, but we would always drive by on the weekend and the line would be around the block. We were able to get right in and be seated.


I'm not a huge pancake person, but I know I have to order what the restaurant specializes in so I ordered the chocolate chip pancakes and they did not disappoint.


After breakfast we walked in the neighborhood behind the restaurant. The houses were so adorable. I was in heaven. I felt like I had stepped onto the set of HGTV. After our walk we went to Trader Joe's to stock up on all our favorite - spanakopitas, pho soup, butter chicken, vegetable samosas, and three buck chuck. YUM. We drove home and cleaned the garage, organized the cupboards, took a nap and then made dinner and watched Silver Linings Playbook. I know I'm late to the party, but I loved this movie so much. i highly recommend!


Saturday we slept in and then had a movie day. What's a movie day, you ask? We bring our blow up mattress downstairs and cover it with blankets and pillows and lay by the fire place watching movies all day. It was so relaxing and fun. Manny was in heaven! He could lay between both of us and sleep. We watched The Great Gatsby (meh, kinda disappointing) and the second Star Trek (not as good as the first, dozed off a little... but okay). It was still a fun day to just relax and be homebodies while it snowed outside. 


Sunday Garth watched football while I went to my SIL's shower her family hosted. It was owl theme (who will it be?) and it was so adorable. It is official, my brother and SIL are having a girl! I can't wait to meet that little one and spoil her! My mom and I stopped at this great pasty place on our way home so Garth and I made those for dinner and watched America's Funniest Home Videos. A perfect end to a perfect weekend!


Monday at our work it was "Mustache Monday" so all the guys came in sporting their mustaches. I couldn't take any of them serious. I could not have more thrilled to see Garth shave that thing off his upper lip. 

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Ahhh - that picture of you snuggling with your fur-baby! :)

We're traveling Thanksgiving with our puppy... we'll try out the car-sick thing. See who throws up first probably - I get horrible car sickness.

Lauren said...

I can't believe it's been 3 years since your eye surgery...I remember when you had that done!

And a movie day sounds amazing--just not quite realistic with a crazy two year old! ha!

Anne said...

Yay for vision!!! Hope everything continues to be good with that. I love movie days, a true necessity every once in awhile. I did not know tj's made a butter chicken, lll have to check it out! Congrats on your baby niece to be!! :) I love the owl idea, how fun, and that looked like a beautiful quilt someone made. Hope you guys had a very happy thanksgiving!