Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ten for Tuesday

1. We lost power Sunday night, but it was back on when we got home last night. Sheesh, what an inconvenience. I took a shower by candlelight, drank cold coffee, and couldn't cook my egg breakfast. First world problems. You never know how much you depend on something until it's gone. That is the truth! 

2. We rented Superman Sunday and finished it before we lost power. Phew! I wasn't that impressed with it, though. It was so long. I think Henry Cavill did a great job, but I was unimpressed by Amy Adams performance which was disappointing because I'm such a fan of hers.



3. We had my SIL's baby shower this weekend. Our theme was "Mommy to Bee" and I can't wait to show you all the pictures because it was seriously adorable and so much fun to see everything come together. Here is a sneak peak with the lovely Mommy to Bee with the cake my mom made!

4. I am loving this season of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I think it is becoming my favorite city which is huge because I was a die hard RHONJ fan for years!

5. I had my gyno appointment yesterday, an eye appointment at the end of the week and the dentist next week. Does anyone else plan all their preventative care appointments for the same month? Just me? 



6. I went line dancing with friends from work Friday night. It was seriously so much fun. We grabbed sushi before and talked for hours. I love those nights with good friends where it's easy to talk openly, honestly and laugh hard. Good times. Good people. We headed over to the bar around 9:00 and missed the country line dancing lesson, but had fun watching everyone.



7. We finally got the guts to go out when the Cupid Shuffle came on and it was so much fun. I forgot how much I love dancing. I can't wait to go back!



8. One thing I didn't do? The bull. Never in a million years. The girls said they would do it for $100, but I wouldn't even do it for that. I would need more like $5,000 to do it. If there is an awkward situation I can get myself into I will make it 1000 times more awkward. No. Thank. You.

9. We saw deer in our backyard this weekend. It was our first time all year so that was nice. My parents see so many deer in their backyard and we live in a much more rural area so it was nice to finally see them!

10. I find myself defending pit bulls now. I never knew much about pits except their bad reputation until I met Lucy. She is my SIL's family pit bull and she is the sweetest dog I ever met. Seriously. So gentle and cuddly and sweet. So when we adopted Manny I was totally fine that he had pit in him. The older he gets the more pit he looks and the more I find myself defending him. People give me odd looks or say things like, "I never expected you, Lindsey, the nicest person in the world to have a pit bull!" But once they meet Manny they realize he is the nicest dog! I hate having to defend him all the time, but at the same time, it's nice that Manny is an advocate for his own breed. People realize pits are so much more than their reputation leads you to believe. They are smart. Kind. Gentle. Sweet. Cuddly. I'm happy to be able to help people learn pits are great family dogs just like Lucy taught us.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

that baby shower looks adorable! such a fun theme!

And pits definitely do get a bad wrap, but I honestly think it has so much more to do with the owner than with the breed---I pretty much believe that almost any dog can be vicious if it's owner trains them to be that way!

Anne said...

That's a great idea on the doc appts, get them out of the way! I'm glad you had fun at the country bar, we should definitely plan to go!! Your place looks fun!

Rebecca Jo said...

I've always loved RHOBH - Love Lisa!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! How was Superman?!?! Henry Cavill is my celebrity crush! I have no desire to actually watch the movie but I definitely plan on it since I love him so much ;)

Amy Jo said...

Manny is such a cutie! I have a pittie girl named Lainey and she is the love of my life! I advocate for the breed as much as I can....they really do get a bad rap!