Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Crowns

At our work retreat last month one of the speakers read a letter she wrote to her daughter about why older women are not mentoring younger women. I wanted to share the end of it with you because it really hit home for me.

Like Paul in Philippians 4:1 I pray thanksgiving:

‘Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!’

The young women who I spend time with are my joy and crown!  My life is blessed by their pursuit of Jesus and me.  My prayer is that they too will stand firm in the Lord so that when the day comes and the world tells them they have nothing left of value, the next generation that wants to find Jesus will see Him in them.

Wow. It gives me goose bumps every time. I want to live a life that honors the Lord. I want to stand firm in my beliefs and I want people to see Jesus in me. I want to be surrounded by people who bring me up so I can reach my potential. Make me a better person. Challenge me. Love me. Accept me.

As I thought about this concept of surrounding myself with people that are my joy and crown I realized how blessed I am. I have some pretty amazing women in my life that build me up and make me a better woman. Wife. Daughter. Friend. Women who are family and women who I just met this year. All crowns and joys of my life.


Who are your crowns? 

2 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

I love this!! I'm in a small group at church and were talking about something similar to this last night. Those ladies in my group are definitely my crowns!

Anne said...

I wish I had an older mentor. The one lady I really liked at my church and I thought about asking her- moved! It is such an important thing.