Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Life Lately

Shark Week has started and after one evening of watching it I am having nightmares. Also? I am never swimming in California again. And when I make it to South Africa someday I will not go in the water. Holy Great White Shark! 


How appropriate is this article I flipped open to yesterday evening from my All You magazine? As you will notice from my vacation pics I overindulged in a major way over vacation. As much as I want to be healthy on vacation, I just can't do it. It has a lot to do with being out to eat. I just cannot order a salad or something I can make at home. It's some fried or mac and cheese pretty much every time. So I am on a mission to get back on track. Detoxing my body with lots of water, fruits, veggies and home cooked food. Oh, and back to exercising. Obviously.


There really is no greater feeling than coming home after being away. There is just nothing sweeter. Can I get an amen? A handsome hubby cooking dinner does make home that much better.

Eesh.  Just looking at those kitchen cabinets has me itching to paint them yesterday. I need to get on that before it gets too cold. Hopefully this fall. Yes, in the fall we will bite that bullet.


Oh! Speaking of fall. My favorite beer of all time was at Meijer the other day! Blue Moon Caramel Apple Spiced Ale. Heaven in a bottle. It was a nice treat on the deck after unpacking, laundry and spontaneously cleaning out my closets upstairs. Yeah, I don't know what got into me either but it felt good purging stuff I don't wear anymore. Because, you know, I'm 30. I can't pull that off now. 

Funny story: We were sitting on the deck and noticed a wasp on the top of our screened in gazebo. He wasn't bothering us so we left alone and went back to our reading. Then I just randomly looked up and there were about 6 wasps swarming above us. Those stinkin' wasps made a home in our gazebo while were out of town! We calmly picked up our things and headed inside. Major bummer. Thank goodness for Raid.


3 comments:

Kenya said...

Oh no, hope that wasp nest gets taken care of so you can enjoy your gazebo! Those stings are not pleasant either. What tips that article say? I am intrigued!

The Pink Growl said...

that Blue Moon is like a treat! Love it!

Anne said...

that beer sounds tasty!! yum!! hmm... well if your small group ever takes a break, you know where to come for your thursday night! :)