Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Life Update


Last Wednesday we went to a friends' house for dinner and we saw about four hot air balloons while eating dinner on the deck. I wish I got a better photo, but this balloon came right in front of our friends' house and got really low to the ground. So cool.


***



Friday night we had our "old gang" over for dinner and games. It has been so long since we have all been together and we just picked up where we left off. I love friendships like that. We sat on the deck all evening talking, laughing, playing games and eating good food. We played this game, Smart Ass, and Anne won both times. Turns out I'm quite the dumb ass because I placed last both times. We played Catch Phrase next. The batteries started to die and those were the only AAA batteries we had at the time so we were using the candles on the table to keep playing this game in the dark. It was pretty hilarious and one of those moments I will always remember. It was such a good memory and makes me smile just thinking about it.


***


Why do I always cut out coupons even though I never use them? I always have the best intentions to use them, but maybe this time I actually will.

***

We watched Side Effects this weekend. I've been wanting to watch it for a while because I heard really good reviews about it. I was kinda disappointed and did not enjoy it as much as I was hoping I would.


***



It was time to break out the pool this weekend! It was in the high 80's Sunday so we turned the downstairs patio into a little (hillbilly) oasis. It was awesome. Garth took a nap in the hammock, I floated in the pool. Then we both were chilling in the pool and reading and getting some sun and listening to country music. Perfection!


***

My brother was in town from Chicago this weekend so it was fun to see him on Saturday. My mom made potatoes and ribs and we hung out. Good times. I love hanging out with my family, they are so fun. We started watching Discovery Channel's North America series and we are addicted. It is really fascinating and I highly recommend it!


***



We took some mint from our garden and planted it in this little vase and put it on the kitchen window. It just grows too wild and crazy in the yard so planting it in here was the best solution. I love smelling the mint while I'm doing dishes.

***

I am loving Jenna's blog about France right now. I want to go!


***



We made our favorite pasta again this weekend. I have found that using spaghetti noodles for this Pesto Chicken Pasta is much better than any other noodle. Delicious. And bonus! We have dinner for the next few days.


***



All of my flowers outside have died so I can no longer steal them from out there and stick them in vases. So I had to buy fresh flowers because I'm obsessed with having them in my house.


***

I am pretty much in love with Darius Rucker's new song, Wagon Wheel. It is such a fun, catchy song.

***


I am slightly obsessed with my new coconut candle from Walmart. It really is the little things.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

why have I not tried that pesto pasta yet? it looks delicious!

And I seriously love your hillbilly oasis...that would be a perfect afternoon spot for me!

Katy Nustad said...

1. I have been jammin to wagon wheel too!!!
2. I want to lay out in your little hillbilly oasis LOL!! That sounds like so much fun... this past Sunday was HAWT!