Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day in the Life

I haven't done one of these posts in a while so I thought I would just track a day in my life because I thought it would be fun to look back on. I documented last Wednesday, May 29:

5:30 a.m. My alarm goes off. I turn it off and roll out of bed and change into my work out clothes. I start my coffee and prep my lunch for the day.



5:45 a.m. I drink my coffee while reading Women, Food and God. I don't think the author is a Christian, but her thoughts on food are revolutionary. I'm continually in awe at how she is describing me. I'm learning a lot about how I act and how it reflects in my eating habits. It has definitely given me a lot to think and work through. But more on that another day.



6:15 a.m. I grab a glass of water and start Ripped in 30 Level 3. I am loving this level because it still leaves me dripping in sweat, but there are not as many plank moves as Level 2. Also, I have noticed doing the tricep dips how sore my arms are already from just starting this level  yesterday.



6:45 a.m. I ate two hard boiled eggs with another glass of water for breakfast before heading upstairs to get ready. 



7:00 a.m. Shower, pick out an outfit, and get dressed. I'm wearing a new skirt from the outlet mall I bought last week from Rue 21. It is so comfortable! I really should go back and buy ten more so I can wear one every day. I throw my hair in a pony tail, put on some make-up, grab my lunch and put dishes away. I have to have a clear sink before I leave. It's just one of my quirks. 

7:25 a.m. Out the door on time!



8:01 a.m. GAH! I hit traffic and anytime we come to a dead stop on a two lane highway I get super nervous. I have been in traffic for hours before and I'm really hoping today is not one of those days.



8:03 a.m. But how can I be upset about traffic when 90s rap is on?! And I have a free week of XM radio? 



8:20 a.m. Only 20 minutes late, not bad! I usually work late anyways so it's not a huge deal. I work in my little corner of the world catching up on emails, listening to voicemails, etc.

9:00 a.m. Meeting on customer service.



9:45 a.m. Back to work! And back to trying to get in my 8 glasses of water a day. I find that adding lemon helps me reach this goal.



12:00 p.m. I enjoy my lettuce wrap with oven roasted turkey and Laughing Cow cheese with a side of carrots (not pictured). I always eat through lunch so I can walk on my lunch hour.



1:00 p.m. I go for a walk with a few co-workers. It is a beautiful, warm day and it feels good to be outside. The hour always flies by because we are talking so much. I love that!

2:00 p.m. Back to work. The afternoon always goes so fast because it is the busiest time of day for me. I'm sending invoices, buying parts, etc.

5:30 p.m. Done for the day and ready to go home and unwind.



6:00 p.m. Kiss Garth hello, get the mail, change into yoga pants and start making dinner with Garth. Tonight is an easy meal which basically consists of rinsing black beans, warming them up and cutting up half an avocado.



6:30 p.m. Enjoy my dinner with Garth outside on the deck. During the warm months, this is my favorite place to be. As long as the temps are in the 60s and up you can find us out here most summer evenings and pretty much all weekend. It is just so relaxing.

7:00 p.m. Garth and I go for our two mile walk around the subdivision and talk about our day. We try to make this an everyday thing, but sometimes we just can't do it or we are too tired.

7:45 p.m. I load the dishwasher, dust, vacuum and clean the bathroom to prep for small group tomorrow night.



8:30 p.m. Garth is watching a soccer game and I go back onto the deck to catch up on a magazine.

9:00 p.m. It is getting dark and chilly so I head inside to watch an episode of Real Housewives of Orange Country. I always get sucked into Real Housewives, but I'm enjoying this season and the new girl, Lydia. 



9:45 p.m. Head to bed to read a little bit and then lights out around 10:15.

3 comments:

Anne said...

cute skirt and pretty toes! :) sounds like a good day. You sure are getting in lots of walking, that's awesome!

Shanny said...

Very cute skirt!
I really dislike being stuck in traffic too but yay for the free week of XM radio :D

Unknown said...

That skirt is adorable!