Friday, January 4, 2013

White Chicken Chili

I prepped this Crock Pot Chicken Chili from Spark People yesterday morning and it was a good thing I did because coming home to dinner already prepared made yesterday a bit more bearable. It was my first day back to work after a week and half. I had 170 emails and barely had a chance to catch up on any of them because I was so busy working on urgent needs. It stresses me out being so behind, but it was good to be back. To have a routine. To see my co-workers again. But I am glad today is Friday. And I have leftover White Chicken Chili for dinner again! I hope you will try this recipe sometime. It is incredibly easy and delicious. Did I mention only 230 calories for one cup? I threw all of the ingredients into the crock pot (instead of saucepan) and cooked on low for 9 hours and came home to a yummy dinner. Enjoy!



Number of Servings: 12
Ingredients


    1 T olive oil
    2 lbs (32 oz) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, diced into 1-inch cubes
    1 onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic, grated
    1 t salt
    1 t ground cumin
    1/2 t chili powder
    1/8 t cloves, ground
    1/8 t cayenne pepper
    4 (15.5 oz cans) cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
    28 oz chicken stock, low sodium
    2 c corn, frozen
    2 (4 oz cans) green chilis
    1 limes
Directions
Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and onion. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic cloves and spices, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Add beans and stock. Stir and simmer for 25 minutes. Add corn and green chilis , continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and squeeze lime into chili. Serve with 1 tablespoon of cheese per cup of soup.
If you prefer a thicker chili, puree 1/4 of the soup before you add the corn.

To see more of what I'm cooking, follow me on Instagram! My user name is learningtobeawife. Happy Friday friends!

2 comments:

Kenya said...

That looks yum!

Shanny said...

OMG.... gimme, gimme! It looks Yummy :)~