Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Go-To Punch

In my former life as an event planner I planned galas for over 400 people. Golf outings for 200. Alumni dinners for 50 guests. Graduation receptions for 1,000 plus. The common factor in each of these events? The punch. I make this mock Champagne punch. It is easy. Only requires 2 ingredients. It is a light color so event venues are not worried about spills and stains. And did I mention it is delicious? It is always a hit and no less than 5 people will ask for the recipe.

Now I make this for Baby and Wedding Showers and it still has never failed me. I even passed it along to my mom and she makes it for all of her events. It is such an easy, delicious recipe that I had to share it with all of you too. You can thank me later! :)

Ingredients
  • 1 (2 quart) bottle white grape juice (Any brand will do, but I use Welch's)
  • 1 -2 liter ginger ale (I use Vernon's and for small intimate gatherings I may use Diet and you cannot tell the difference!)  
Directions
  1. Place white grape juice and ginger-ale in refrigerator overnight or until well chilled. Placing them in the freezer for a couple of hours before serving will make them 'icy.'.
  2. In a serving picture or punch bowl, pour equal parts white grape juice and ginger-ale. Stir gently. Fill each glass, and if you want garnish with frozen fruit.
  3. Optional Garnish: On a lined cookie sheet, place the fruit(s) in a single layer but not touching, into the freezer for several hours until frozen (or overnight). After they are completely frozen, they can be bagged together as long as they stay in the freezer so they don't stick together. Then use one of each fruit to garnish each glass. It is beautiful and also keeps it colder longer and doesn't water down the flavor.

    Enjoy!

2 comments:

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Sounds excellent! Wish I had that recipe for a shower I threw a few months ago!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I've got to try this one. I'm always looking for a good one and I love that it's clear.