Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lake House Dreaming

After a weekend up north with a change of scenery, peace and quiet, and feelings of rejuvenation and reflection I want a lake house. Garth and I talk a lot about getting a boat and I would prefer a lake house to store the boat and avoid spending gas to haul the boat this place and that. I know this is something we are starting to save for and it's a five to ten year down the road kind of dream, but it is fun to dream, right?

Right now I'm currently obsessed with this adorable gem in Saugatuck I found on Trulia.


I adore the porch swing and the big porch, but frankly I just love this view:


This is such a charming place that I can totally picture driving up to every weekend.


Even in the winters we could come out here and sit by the fire and just unwind.


And play lots of games at this table.


I would not mind making some yummy food in this kitchen. Yes, the mismatched wood drives me crazy but nothing a little white paint can't fix. And do you see those stainless steel appliances?! Swooooon.


This porch just screams Northern Michigan to me. The trees, the wood, the lantern. I love it all. I can see it now. Making trips up there after work on Fridays. Bringing friends, family, the dog, the kids. Creating memories. Ahhhh someday!

7 comments:

Kenya said...

It is adorable!!!!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Looks so peaceful!!

Ms. Megan said...

You cannot beat that view!! I always look up houses too even though our current house is perfect for us right now!

Lacey said...

Such a cute house! Having a lake house is definitely a dream of mine too!

Shanny said...

Adorable! Dreaming doesn't cost a thing and when you DO get it in the future it's going to be so worth it. The views are beautiful and peaceful!

Lucky in Love said...

What a great idea!! That would be so much fun. Hm. I'm thinking I should do this too :)

LWLH said...

What a cute house!