Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So THIS happened...

If you cannot tell, this is my crock pot ziti from Monday night burnt to a crisp. FAIL. I am so mad about it. I hate wasting food and I had to throw the whole dang thing away. Grrrrr! I think I'll stick to my usual method of cooking baked ziti in the oven. I still cannot process how this even happened since I followed the recipe. Ahh well, you live and learn, right?

So instead of bringing over a delicious, home cooked meal we were off to grab pizza for some friends. But we heard a lot of commotion next door so we went to see what was going on. Apparently a Northern Water Snake was stuck in our neighbors' garage, but we didn't know it was a Northern Water Snake yet. It was much bigger than a Garter snake and thought it might be a rattler so our neighbor, Garth and the neighbor across the street were all trying to get the snake out of the garage (and away from their kids' toys). They had a shovel, a hockey stick, and a plastic bat and were all trying to get the snake out. It was kind of a hilarious site.

Yeah, so that was my crazy eventful Monday night. And now I'm super paranoid about snakes. I had nightmares about them last night and made Garth get snake repellent to spray around our house yesterday to ensure we do not have any snakes in our house. And yes I made Garth check under all the furniture when we got home to make sure we were snake-free. Don't judge, you would do the same thing!


9 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Oh no! I've had a few crockpot mishaps. I'm convinced mine runs too hot, even on low it's been known to burn things. I've had to throw out entire meals a time or two myself.

Kenya said...

I had no idea crockpot can burn food!!!! So sorry! And the snake? I would have made the hubs check evyrhting too. even the toilet. I once saw a movie as a kid when a snake came up through the toilet.... so I am always freaked out in the middle of the night when i go pee. I always check it before! hahh... paranoid.

Linnea said...

Oh man, so sorry about your Ziti. That's one of my fears when I use the crock pot, that I'm going to come home to a burnt mess or fire!!

Rachel said...

That's so sad about the burnt dinner! It's no fun when something like that happens.
The snake chaos scene you described reminded me of the time a snake came in my house when I was a kid--baseball bats and neighbors were involved too. That poor snake had no idea the mess he was getting himself into!

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Yikes. I love the crockpot, I didn't know you could burn stuff in it though.

Adrienne said...

I would do the same thing, no judgment here. :)

I'm sorry about your Ziti :(

Patience said...

We live in Northern Oakland County in the middle of nowhere. I am terrified of snakes and a rattlesnake made its way in our garage last summer. I found it and completely freaked out. I didn't sleep a wink and the husband and I had our bonds on the house spray foamed to ensure the creepy critters stay out. I heard moth balls also work.

Lauren said...

ughhh...hate recipe fails! Sometimes I think that happens when we try to mess with a good thing!

And I'm sure it was quite the sight with everyone trying to rodeo the snake!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

oh no...this would totally be something i would do!!