Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wedding Wednesday

We were at my parents’ house and my dad was offering drinks. It was the rare occasion that a beer sounded good to me so I grabbed the bottle opener and tried opening my beer with no success. My dad glanced over and realized I was doing it completely wrong.
“You don’t know how to use a bottle opener?!” He exclaimed. I didn’t. And then it got me thinking about what else I don’t know how to do. I don’t know how to open a bottle of wine either, come to think of it. Garth always does it. I cannot remember the last time I got an oil change. Though I think that is more of a ban than Garth being a sweetheart. I spent $70 on an oil change last year. Yeah. Oops.
We started talking about the things our spouses do for us that we haven’t done since getting married. Garth has not cleaned a bathroom since we got hitched. I have never mowed a lawn. My dad shared a story of a friends’ mom who recently lost her husband. She put gas in her car for the first time in over thirty years. It was something she just never did while married, he always did it for her. That is just wild!
Is there something you haven’t done since you were married that your husband always does? Something you do for him that he hasn’t done since you tied the knot?

3 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm with you. Brian always takes care of the car stuff but I think I do everything else. LOL! Yard work is a shared task at times. But if I was to disappear tomorrow Brian would be lost. I think a lot of men are like that though. :)

Adrienne said...

This is so crazy, but so dang true! I don't do dishes or take the trash out. Like ever, but I can't remember the last time Jordan cooked a meal. It's like we're a team! :)

Courtney said...

my husband and I separated for about 4 months last year and during that time I realized I had never mowed the lawn, the disposal went out and I did not even know how to use the key thing. I learned these things, and others. Hopefully they showed you how to open the beer correctly!! =)