Monday, March 12, 2012

Menu Monday

Wow, it was really hard to wake up this morning. I hate losing an hour, but I do love spring! I guess choosing to start a new workout routine in the morning after losing an hour was a bad idea. I could not get up for the life of me. Tomorrow I will wake up early. Today was just about getting out of bed.


The weather has been amazing in Michigan and I plan to take full advantage of that this week since it will be in the 60s again. Here is what we have on the menu:


Monday - Grilled Salmon with Lemon

Tuesday - Grilled Chicken with Steamed Broccoli

Wednesday - Tuna Melts

Thursday - Avocado and Black Bean Bowl



This week we are being super healthy and since the weather is going to be so nice I plan to run with Garth. It is time to step it up a notch and see a drop on the scale and I think this menu plan will do it!

In other news, I have been making this Orange Berry Smoothie and it is good, but we need a new blender. It was an entirely too long process trying to get the fruits blended, but totally worth it!

YUM. I am on a smoothie kick for sure. What's on your menu this week?

10 comments:

Café Moka said...

Love your menu! That avocado and black bean bowl seems really good!

I just wrote a post about my menu!

Lauren said...

we're gonna have some fabulous weather as well...time to break out some meals for grilling!

Anne said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that kept hitting snooze and missed today's workout! back on track tomorrow :)

Kenya said...

I can use that smoothie right about now.

Jen Caputo said...

If you are serious about making smoothies, you HAVE to get a Vitamix. They are really expensive but totally worth it, I adore mine and use it several times a day, not just for smoothies but to make salad dressings, salsas, hummus, soups, etc. You can save some money by buying one refurbished, that's what I did:
https://secure.vitamix.com/reconditioned-vitamix-machine-64oz.aspx
I recommend watching some of the videos on the website.

TexanCouture said...

I'm switching my running to the afternoon. My brain does not want to cooperate going running with it being extremely dark outside in the morning.

Thanks for sharing the orange-berry smoothie recipe. I have the ingredients for it now. Going to try it this afternoon!

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

You are so good! My menu includes a trip to the grocery...

Go like my new facebook page...I'm giving away a pair of earrings.

www.facebook.com/stevycurbow

Elyse said...

Yummy! The smoothie is calling my name. Tonight, we are having baked chicken in salsa, brown rice, blackbeans, and salad. Can't wait!

Adrienne said...

Yum! I never thought about blending an orange in a smoothie! We're totally doing banana-peanut butter green monster smoothies lately! It's a great way to start the day!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I've been on a smoothie kick, too. I'm interested in the black bean bowl. Sounds right up our alley.