Friday, September 9, 2011

Random Musings.

01. I am extremely proud of my mom for pursuing her dream. She has an awesome website displaying her talented cakes she has made for weddings, showers, baptisms, etc. Check it out! You will not be disappointed.

02. We are dog sitting this weekend for friends. This will be a make or break to see if we are actually ready for a dog so I'm excited to see how it goes.

03. I haven't weighed myself or counted calories since late July. It's been a nice break. I have tried to eat healthy and exercise everyday... but my pants are feeling tight. I think it's time to get on the scale and get back to it. I think portion control is the issue so I'll try to watch my portions without counting calories. Look for Fit Friday to resume next week.

04. It has been pretty chilly here lately and I'm not ready for that. I love fall but it just goes so quick and winter always comes way too fast. I'm gonna miss summer, but I love caramel apple cider.

05. Garth and I do not have any debt besides our house and cars. But we do want to get more serious about saving for our retirement so we are starting Dave Ramsey's program. It should be interesting to see how we manage our grocery budget and start couponing this week. I will keep you posted on our progress!

06. It's our first fall in our house and I'm excited to see the leaves change in our backyard. I am also excited to check out the cider mill by our house.

07. I love being in a new area and checking out the new restaurants and festivals. This weekend there is a Jazz and BBQ Festival going on that Garth is very excited for. We went to the Melon Festival a couple weeks ago and enjoyed it.

08. We celebrated my birthday and my SIL's birthday last weekend and my parents got us tickets to see Wicked and I am byond thrilled. December could not come fast enough!!!!

09. Have a great weekend. And don't forget to check this out.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

we are in the same boat as you financially and Hubby is actually leading Dave Ramsey, we are learning so much! And I think it's going to make a big difference for us even without all the debt that some couples have!

jules said...

I love Ramsey's book. I've learned so much from him.

I want to see Wicked sooo bad. Maybe someday it will come to a theater near here.

Anne said...

let me know if you learn any money saving tips! how much do you guys spend on groceries? We are at $250/month and it's not enough. Andrew doesn't get it- but yet he won't do the meal planning and cooking! so fork over the money! haha. I did the DR and it was very helpful, but we need to do another series on investing. it's so tricky!

SnoWhite said...

we love Dave's stuff! we took his FPU course in our first year of marriage. best.thing.ever.

Mrs. S. said...

Wicked is soooo good! We got to see it with Kristin Chenowith...it was amazing! Then we got to meet her backsgtage! You will love it!

LWLH said...

I can't wait for fall either but I agree it goes way too fast.