Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One Room Down, Nine to go!



Decorating a house is a process. It's expensive and time consuming when you want everything to be perfect and you are indecisive.


BUT we finally finished one room and that room just happens to be our bathroom on the main floor. Yes, it's probably the smallest room in the whole house but I could not be more excited!


The picture that completed the room is from Bed, Bath & Beyond and I found it when Garth took me shopping for my birthday and I'm in love with it:

I really do love that new picture. I always point it out to Garth and say how much I adore it. It's weird how much joy I get in finding the right piece for my spaces, but I'm okay with that.


This towel was given to us by my mom. It goes with our neutral colors nicely and do you know how hard it is to find something, anything with the letter 'i" on it?! (Our last name starts with an "i").


I think this piece of art below was the first piece I bought for this house. I knew I loved it as soon as I saw it and it was only $9 at Meijer so I couldn't resist. Finding something to match it was the hardes part.

I could not be happier with how the bathroom turned out! And at the rate we are going, our house should be fully furnished and decorated by 2015, ha!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Meijer! Ah how I miss that place! I moved from MI to Minneapolis, and there are no Meijer here. Reading it tugged at my heartstrings haha!!

xox,
Katie
sparklesinthesnow.blogspot.com

Kenya said...

LOVE the wall color!

Lauren said...

Love the blue! It's so calming & serene!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

One room is a start!! We've lived in our house over a year now and the only room that we've put any effort into is Jamie's room. Sigh. Maybe one day I'll have color on my walls again!

AmyT said...

I know exactly what you mean!! It has taken me forever - I am very picky - and it's one of those things you sort of know what you want, but don't know exactly until you see it!!! I still find things :-) I LOVE both those pictures!!! I love browns/blues!

Sarah Wyland said...

1 is a start! I'm still working on decorating my apartment. Funny enough, the bathroom is all that's left!

Unknown said...

I love the blue and tan together!!!!