Thursday, August 11, 2011

Best of Myrtle Beach.

Fatz Grille - it's a chain restaurant in the South and it's amazing. I ate my first taste of grits (not too bad but didn't love the texture) and fried green tomatoes (AMAZING!!).

Nakato Japanese Steakhouse - my personal favorite and best meal of the week. Everything is delicious, but I especially love their tofu.

Chuck's Steakhouse - my parents' favorite. The steak is out of this world amazing and they have a killer salad bar.

Sticky Fingers - Garth's favorite. You gotta have bbq when you're down south and this place did not disappoint.

Joe's Crab Shack - Jess' fave as she needed her seafood fix. Garth had his first taste of crab and loved it! I loved the Sam Adam beer battered fish 'n chips.

Gordon Biersch Brewery - We had one rainy day so we explored Market Commons and ate lunch at this brewery. The food was yummy and so was the beer!

We personally did not eat at the following restaurants, but family friends in our group ate here and enjoyed:
Chesapeake House
Philips Seafood
Thoroughbreds Steakhouse

Those are my faves. Am I missing anything I should check out next time I'm there?

4 comments:

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Looks and sounds like y'all had a great time!

USCEmily said...

Yes! You and Garth have to try Collector's Cafe. It's really nice, a bit pricey, but totally worth it. It would be a great date night. It's not a chain, it's got a neat little atmosphere, and I guarantee you'd enjoy the food. It's on the North end on 17 near the Myrtle Beach Marriott. They have a website and take reservations.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Umm I am craving a Myrtle Beach visit now!! hehe!

LWLH said...

Yummm...Big Man would love those!