Monday, June 13, 2011

Menu Monday with a Case of the Mondays...

I overslept and woke up when I was supposed to be leaving for work. I'm having a bad hair day. I'm tired. I have about a million (errr...it feels like it anyways) mosquito bites on my toes, ankle, and even the bottom of my feet. Uncomfortable, much? And I'm missing the pup we dog sat all weekend (Best. Dog. Ever).

Anyways, enough about that. The weekend is over and I'm getting over it. Last week we just didn't follow the menu as we had planned. We went out with friends, worked late, and had a book signing so life got in the way and the plan wasn't followed. This is a new week though and here is what we have going on:

Monday: Trader Joe Spinach Pie.
Tuesday: Chicken fajitas.
Wednesday: Hot dogs with sweet potato fries.
Thursday: Grilled Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Pizza.
Friday: Slow-Cooker Beef Pot Roast.

I'm trying to incorporate a few new dishes into the grind so we don't get bored and keep on track with healthy eating. My goal is to try at least two new recipes a week. I think it will also help with staying motivated to keep on cooking. What's on your menu this week?

6 comments:

Lauren said...

MMmmmm...Sounds delish! We're firing up the grill a few times this week for pork tenderloin & chicken kabobs!

Shannon said...

This week is easy week since we're moving...

Tonight is sketti.
Tomorrow night is leftovers.
Wed - Steak stir fry
Thurs - Stouffers Market Fresh Lasagna.
Friday - pizza night

May not be exactly healthy but it's as good as it'll get this week! ha!

SnoWhite said...

I'm sorry to hear about the start to your Monday... hopefully things are already looking up :)

We LOVE sweet potato fries... they are on our menu for tonight along with baked veggie sandwiches. I'm also looking forward to French Bread Pizza, Sweet Potato Risotto and Rhubarb Sweet Rolls! You can see our menu on my blog.

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I tried to do one new recipe a week....I did pretty good for quite some time then I totally fell off the wagon! Good luck, I look forward to seeing what you try!

Llama said...

Im trying out pork chops tonight...this should be interesting!!!
Your menu sounds delish! Good luck with everything sweetie!

Jules said...

I hope you have a great week despite a rough Monday. Chicken fajitas sound so good!