Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Life Lately: Week 14

This is what the past week looked like.



Never lose hope!



Salmon over cauliflower rice is delicious.



Tea time!



Tired out from lots of extra walks.



The first part of the week was pretty cold and gloomy so soup sounded good.



This is a powerful sight.

To think this picture will be in history books someday is surreal.



The new normal.



G took over Manny's room and the poor guy is confused.



Manny and I go for longer walks these days and I also pace while I'm on conference calls and it's paying off.



Kicking it old school with The 30 Day Shred.



He is extra snuggly lately



I stumbled upon the sweetest little birthday parade of cars honking, singing and all decked out with banners, balloons and even Christmas lights.



Check out this teenage heartthrob!



I made an oldie but a goodie.

I just spray the crock pot, throw in a few frozen chicken breasts and cover the chicken with a bottle of Italian dressing.

I cook on low for 9 hours (or high for 5 hours) and eat it with salad and mashed potatoes.

Yum!



It makes great leftovers too!



The sunshine feels so good.



That ear!



Zoom happy hour with my besties.



Breakfast lately.



Dogs are definitely winning in all of this.


Oh yeah, and did I mention we are moving during this crazy time?



I didn't think I was a minimalist until I saw my life packed up in less than 25 boxes.


We are very grateful our house sold the first day it was on the market, but the "For Sale" is still on the sign.

Our neighbor flipped the sign as a joke and another neighbor asked if that was our signal of distress, hahaha!



Oberon on the deck makes life feel less weird.



Sweet pupper in the sunshine.



Burgers and fries with a side of Brussels. 

We didn't have hamburger buns, but I think I prefer Italian bread.



I wonder if he is hiding from me because he is tired of all the walks?



G's boss surprised us with donuts.



I
t was such a sweet surprise (see what I did there?).


This is going to be our new backyard and I still can't believe it.


G's margaritas are strong.

I drank half and ordered $100 worth of wine for delivery.

Oops! :)


Shrimp fajitas for the win.


I'm loving being back on the deck again.


Ticket to Ride outside.


TGIF..


Windows open.

Insert all the praise hands.


Saturday morning walk.


This is how I would feel too if I lost my mitten.


Wash your hands!


Still living that brunch life.


This book was the perfect distraction from everything.

I was hooked from the beginning and had to know how it ended.


Smile, we will get through this!


My SIL made this for her students and I love it.


We are all mourning the loss of something during this time.

A wedding. Graduation. School. Going in to work. 

G is mourning the loss of sports and has been watching old Manchester United games.


We watched Rocketman and I loved it.


Easy like Sunday morning.


Church in the living room.


Manny fell asleep during the sermon.

RUDE


Weekly Zoom family chat.


Kraft mac and cheese because I'm five.


Are you sick of Manny pictures yet?
.



Seriously though.



C.S. Lewis' words really hit hard during this season.




Life is hard and the news seems so depressing so it's been a nice break to follow a few insta accounts sharing good news.



I really love this account too. 


It's all about perspective.

I'm trying to keep this in mind and savor the time at home and remember "this too shall pass."



But seriously, right?!

I will never take for granted going out to eat or sitting in a coffee shop or wandering Target aimlessly or toilet paper.



This made me chuckle.



That face, though!



Bahahaha!


I sent this to my family and my dad (a huge bird lover) responded: "What's so funny about this?

I love my family!


I really thought it was floating at first.

It's been three weeks since I left the house so I guess that explains it, ha!

For more life lately:

Week 14 of 2019

No comments: