Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Life Lately


These crazy kids closed on their house last week. We are officially renting our house from the new owners. THAT IS CRAZY.



We went out for drinks and dinner to celebrate. We talked about our favorite memories of the house. How surreal everything feels. How fast everything is going. AH! It's so exciting!



We drove home from closing and saw three hot air balloons. Gosh, I will miss this sweet town.



Dinners over the last week have been a random mix of eating what we have left in the fridge/freezer and take out like Jimmy John's. Yum!



We finished packing this past weekend. WOOHOO! It feels so good to have it done. The garage was definitely the hardest part (which was why we kept putting it off). It was overwhelming and it was HOT. We were dripping in sweat by the end of it, but wow. Our garage has never looked better!



We cracked open a nice bottle of rose to celebrate!



My coworker came by over the weekend to pick up the last of the furniture we were giving to his family. We have had our current furniture for almost ten years and we were ready for new furniture. We decided we rather buy new rather than move existing furniture. My coworker wanted our furniture so it was perfect. We are in desperate need of a couch now! All we have now is an outdoor chair and this chair. And it's a war between Manny and I. Every time I got up he would sneak in and curl up, ha!



I have been on such an ice cream kick with this hot weather. I've tried both Halo Top and Artic Zero and my favorite BY FAR is Halo Top. Give me all the Cookie Dough Halo Top ice cream!



Also really digging coffee more than usual. With all the packing and purging I'm exhausted. My coworker and I are in a bad habit of grabbing Biggby on lunch everyday.



Look at these fun cocktails we enjoyed downtown in our cute little town. I will miss this town, that's for sure. But I know we will still visit our favorite restaurants on the way home from my parents.


This past weekend I went garage saling with friends and made out like a bandit. I got this adorable Coach wallet for $15 and about 15 sweaters and blouses from Banana Republic and The Loft for 50 cents to $1 each. SCORE! So fun! I love a good deal.


This week is full of many lasts at this house. Monday night was the last mow and while we love our jungle of a backyard I know G is happy to not have to mow the big hill anymore. 

So that's life lately. Closing on our current home (and first house). Packing. Savoring the last week in this house. Ice cream eating. Garage saling. 

What's new with you?

2 comments:

anneseverydaylife said...

Sweet garage sale deals! You're not making us wait until you're all settled in for pics are you!?! How exciting. Love the idea of all new furniture for a new place :) happy moving!

Jess said...

Congrats on selling the house!!

ALSO! If you can find Enlightened Ice Cream near you, TRY IT! So good. Arctic Zero, I can only handle the chunky flavors. Halo Top is decent. Enlightened? Oh my soul. So good.