Friday, December 30, 2016

Bok Review (Edition 3)


As a big Top Chef fan I enjoyed Love, Loss, and What We Ate by Padma Lakshmi. Padma is an excellent writer and as a self-professed foodie I enjoyed all her detailed descriptions of food. I also felt she was super honest about her life and didn’t sugar coat anything. She has gone through a lot and I have mad respect for her for coming out on the other side stronger instead of bitter. I’m even more excited for the new season of Top Chef now because I feel like I know her and will enjoy the show even more.




I was probably a little more excited than I should have been when I found Turning the Tables by Teresa Giudice at the library. I love the Real Housewives and was intrigued by Teresa’s experience. It was an interesting read and I found prison life kind of fascinating. I was amazed at the creativity of these girls to work with what you are given in prison. And who knew you could throw parties in prison?! It was a quick read and I appreciated her honesty (maybe sometimes too much honesty?). I appreciated her talking about prison politics, her daily schedule and how she got so fit.



The first few chapters of Troublemaker by Leah Remini were interesting as a huge fan of Saved by the Bell and King of Queens. Then about half way through the book it just got really good and I couldn’t put it down. It was so fascinating to hear about Scientology and why Leah joined it and what made her leave. Now G and I are obsessed with her series about Scientology. She is brave and I admire her so much. Definitely recommend this book!




Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty was not my favorite Moriarty book, but it was not my least favorite. It felt a little long to me, but it was interesting. I was hooked pretty early on and had to find out what happened. There were fun twists and turns along the way in typical Moriarty fashion. It seemed darker than her other books, but maybe all her books are a bit dark and I am the one who has changed. Regardless, it was a fun read. My favorite book of hers is still What Alice Forgot.


Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson was such a fun, happy read. I loved all the pretty pictures in the book. I am jealous how intuitive Kate is with her eating, exercise and body image. I am striving for that! She gave some practical ways to achieve balance and practice intuitiveness that I have been implementing in my own life. A bit of her advice is a little too new age for me, but overall I liked what she had to say.

What have you been reading lately? 

No comments: