Friday, August 26, 2016

Life Lately



A few weeks ago my mom and I had a fun little mom and daughter trip to Holland. It was great quality time! We got stuck in some major traffic, but made it for the end of sunset on Lake Michigan.





After sunset we checked into the hotel and then walked over to Sharkee's for dinner. It was 10:00 p.m. by this time and we were starved. Cosmos and cheese and bacon tater tots for the win.



The tater tots were so good and the atmosphere was fun so we ordered glasses of wine and another order of those amazing tater tots. Such a great night!



Friday morning we slept in and then ate breakfast at the hotel. 



Then we headed to Starbucks to meet some old friends and had fun catching up.


Then we headed to lunch at Boatwerks, one of my faves. Patio sitting on a lake with my mom is my JAM.


We shared the shrimp tacos and they were just as amazing as I remembered them. and that was our short, but super fun trip to Holland.





The next weekend we had my dad's work bbq. It was really fun to meet my dad's coworkers, walk around the car show and watch engineers drive these robots around the track and shoot hoops.


Here is my dad next to a 1970s Cadillac. Fun fact: My dad started his GM career at Cadillac in the 70s!



After the bbq my mom and I stopped at Matter of Taste for a little snack. It was such a perfect day and the view was spectacular. 




We each had a glass of white and shared the Caprese salad and it was perfection.



We continued our day of fun with Starbucks before saying our goodbyes. 



On my home home I picked up Thai food as we watched all the Olympics.



The next weekend we had to take Manny to the vet for his severe allergic reaction. It was 1.5 hours of torture while the staff tried to do tests on Manny. So traumatizing, but I'm thankful he is on medicine now and feeling better.



G and I met my parents for lunch to catch up and pick up this gorgeous cake my mom made for my coworker.



I had the bacon mac and cheese and it was bomb. 

So that's life lately. I'm almost caught up on everything going on. Stay tuned next week for more fun summer happenings!

No comments: