Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Life Lately


Per tradition, G and I went out for Mexican Thursday night so I could have a marg to celebrate being cavity free since '83.


Cheers to Detroit and cheers to another wonderful summer weekend!


I kicked off the weekend with a pedicure. I haven't had one in years and it was time to treat myself. I'm hooked! It was so relaxing with the massage chair and foot massage and now I can't stop looking at my cute toes.



Saturday I spent time with two of my best friends. (Hi Brit!!!) We had the most relaxing time lounging by the water, laughing and deep conversation. It was perfection. Love these girls so much!


Sunday was for church, yard work and movies. We watched The Martian and I highly recommend it. We have also had a few crazy storms and this picture doesn't do it justice, but the sky was just bright yellow. Crazy!


I made a new breakfast casserole last week and it was delicious. 


But my all time favorite breakfast is a half slice of TJ sourdough with an egg and string cheese.



I also made a big batch of chicken with Salsa Verde in the crock and we ate it all week. We made burrito bowls and also ate it over rice. It also made great lunches!


Another favorite lunch lately has been a turkey sandwich with TJ sourdough bread, turkey, spinach, mustard and a slice of cheddar.


I read this tip a long time ago about cutting up your veggies as soon as you get home from the grocery store and it really does help me eat them faster so they don't go bad.



I will end this randomness with adorable pictures of Bennett and big sis Ella. How precious are these two littles?! I'm so blessed to be their aunt!

So that is life lately. Cooking. Pool time with sweet friends. Movie watching. Yard work. Always searching for the glorious in the mundane.

2 comments:

abo-bder said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
abo-bder said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.