Friday, July 29, 2016

July Goals Revisited

Did anyone else feel like July flew by? I guess it's true that time flies when you are having fun! Lets see how I did with my goals this month.


1. Make overnight oats. I found a simple recipe on Pinterest and had everything on hand so I decided to give them a try. The verdict? Not a fan. The texture was too mushy and the taste was too sweet for me. 


2. Grill at least once a week. The weather has been so hot and dry and I'm loving every second of it. G has been making us grilled asparagus, steaks, chicken and peppers and brats. It's funny how once we got intentional about it we couldn't stop grilling!


(via)

3. Do not let bad moods affect my mood. Some days are harder than others, but for the most part I consciously try not to let anyone dull my sparkle. I know this is silly, but G and I recently started watching Parks and Recreation again and I forgot how funny and awesome this show is. Not only is it a great stress relief at the end of a tough day, but it's inspiring watching Leslie Knope. She is amazing and I want to be her.



4. Be intentional with my time with G. I said yes as much as I could. He surprised me with a wonderful birthday vacation that I can't wait to share. We spent so many evenings grilling on the deck. We spent many weekends on the lake swimming, floating and hiking. Being tourists in our own hometown. Eating at new restaurants. Brunching. Checking out a Lansing United vs. Detroit City soccer game. Great conversations. Good quality time. Memory making. Making the most of our summer! I feel G and I are closer than ever and happier than ever. It took time adjusting to the new schedule and adjusting to not working together, but it's been so good for us. Of course, I miss working together. It's a new season though and I'm embracing it.

So that's July. It was an amazing month and I can't wait to see what August brings! How did you guys do with your goals?


1 comment:

anneseverydaylife said...

I've tried a couple times to like those overnight oats but they just do nothing for me. Your July looked great!