Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Life Update

I owe you a big life update so this post is long and full of pics. Don't say I didn't warn ya!


Farmer's Market fun with my neighbor. I got dog treats for Manny, soap, lotion and asparagus. So much fun! It was a beautiful day so it was nice walking around and then we grabbed lunch. A fun day!


Speaking of the Farmer's Market, I bought tea there and I'm obsessed. I had such a migraine and drank the Migraine Tea and I think it helped!


Your eyes are not deceiving you! Manny is in the lake on his own! I think he was so hot from our walk that he went in by himself to cool off.


Fun with my sweet girlfriends a few weeks ago. We ate good food. Laughed. Caught up. Good times.


So I realized I'm not crafty so I bit the bullet and purchased a wreath on Amazon. I love it!


Isn't she the happiest kid you ever did see? She is just so much fun. She loves life. She loves to laugh. She loves to be goofy. I hope she never loses that spunk. She is so stinkin' adorable.


The first time this year putting my feet in the water and it felt amazing. I forgot how incredible sand between my toes feels.


I hosted a brunch and I made blueberry muffins, spinach feta quiche and mimosas. It was a lot of fun. We got to caught up with some favorites, laugh and just relax. 


I got to spend time with my sweet friend Jess. I haven't seen her in forever and it was just so great to catch up with her. I miss her so much!


We have been having a few good thunderstorms and there is nothing I enjoy more than reading a good book while it rains and thunders. So relaxing! I'm reading All The Light We Cannot See and I'm not gonna lie it's hard to get into. I'm about forty pages in and ready to quit. The writing is beautiful, but I'm not into the story. I am stubborn so I may give it another ten pages before I call it quits.


My neighbor's flowers are so gorgeous. She has this beautiful garden that she spends so much time in and I get to enjoy the beauty of her hard work.


The weekends have been so lovely lately so G and I have been hiking at the lake with Manny every weekend. I love sweet summertime!


We went out for lunch and sat outside and I tried a gin and St. Germaine martini and that is my jam. So delicious!


I'm really into iced coffee lately. I'll brew coffee and stick in the fridge and pour it over ice the next morning with a splenda and 1T of fat free vanilla creamer. It's a tasty 1pp treat!


Who knew Rue 21 has great candles? I really like the way they smell and they last longer than Bath and Body and they are only $9.99.


Office perks! Every few weeks we get homemade popcorn and it tastes just like the theater popcorn. YUM.


Did I mention how happy Ella is? I love her so stinkin' much. Being an aunt is the BEST.


I have finally perfected my green smoothie. 2 cups spinach, 1 scoop vanilla powder, 1 cup coffee, 1 banana, 1 drop vanilla extract, 1 cup almond milk, and 1 cup ice. SO GOOD!!


I hosted dinner with some great friends. We had deep conversations, laughs, and good food. I made pot roast and it was just a perfect evening.


The weather has been crazy. One day we are laying in the hot summer sun.


The next it's snowing and we have our fireplace on.


But I think summer is here to stay. We had homemade limoncello on the deck with my parents. Garage saling. Long walks with Manny. Deck sitting. I big puffy heart summer!


I'm still on an Aldi kick. The Greek dark chocolate and almond Greek yogurt is my new obsession. Along with their hummus. Pizza. Cheese. Quiches. Flowers. Pretzels. Lentil and edamame chips. Triscuit knock offs. Produce. Spinach. Almond milk. Champs. Seriously, it's all so good!


And more lake time. Because when summer is only three months long you gotta squeeze all the fun out of it.


So that's life lately. Savoring summer. Spending time with good people. Farmer's market. Garage sales. Patio sitting. Long walks at the lake. Hosting. Reading. Living life.

1 comment:

anneseverydaylife said...

What's in the migraine tea? Poor Doug gets them and is out the whole day sleeping and vomiting like at least evey month :( anyway, wreath looks beautiful! Glad life is good lately!