Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was a really great one. So good, in fact, that I decided to dedicate a whole post to it. Lots of pictures to come. You've been warned!


Friday night G brought home sushi and champs to celebrate two months at my new job. I can't believe it's been two months already. Time flies!


I consider it a win when I go to bed at 10 p.m. on the weekend because I'm up at 7:30 Saturday morning and have more weekend to enjoy. So I was up bright and early with G and we drank coffee on the deck. I walked Manny before all the other dogs are awake (another win) and got ready for the day.

At 10:30 our friends came over and we drove to the next city over for garage sales in this beautiful gated subdivision. The first half of the sales were all baby stuff, but we still had a blast just looking at all the mansions and enjoying the warm sunshine.

The second half of the sales were a different story. We didn't expect to buy furniture, but we have been in the market for another chair in our dining room and a new dining table. We just don't have enough seating in our living room and our dining table was a huge help for 8 years but this glass table is long and wobbly and very 80s. So we walk up to this house and there is a new chair with ottoman and a dining table. The pricing with very reasonable, but with a little negotiation and an offer for free delivery by the owners it was a deal we couldn't pass up!


How great does it look? The table and chairs were just repainted and reupholstered so it looks brand new and the chairs are so comfy!



And here is my beautiful new green chair with ottoman. I'm obsessed. It's so comfy! It is big enough for G and I to both sit in it. It also motivated us to rearrange and now the room feels so much larger and grown up. LOVE.

Our friends got a few pieces of clothing and shoes and I got brand new Calvin Klein jeans, a few cardigans and a few tanks. I would say it was a success!


After walking all morning around the sales we were starving! We went to lunch with our friends to a local brewery by our house that we love. They had a few new seasonal beers on tap so I had to do a sampler.


G and I shared the pulled pork and ribs meal. It did not disappoint!

After a yummy lunch we came back to our house and we all sat on the deck and kept on visiting. We don't see Chris and Jess nearly enough so it was a nice, relaxing day catching up, laughing, and telling stories. I think they love garage sales as much as G and I  so it was just the perfect day. 

They left late afternoon and G watched some soccer while I read on the deck. Then at 6:00 my parents came over and we were off to our dinner reservations.


We went to one of my favorite restaurants for patio sitting and it was the perfect day to sit outside by the river. My mom and I had martinis and they were so good!


I had the Lemon Alfredo Chicken Pasta and it was out of this world delicious. The lemon zest flavor just put it over the top. 

After a nice dinner catching up with the rents we came back home and sat on the deck as the sun was setting and relaxed, talked and laughed. Such a wonderful day!

Sunday I was up early again (score!) so we drank coffee on the deck while G watching church online. 







Then we grabbed Manny and headed to the lake for a nice 45 minute hike. The weather was just too gorgeous not to be outside enjoying the sunshine. The earth is filled with His glory!


Afterwards Manny was beat. He took a nap on the deck while G mowed and I weeded. While doing yard work we discovered a momma cat and three kittens living under our front porch. UGH. I had no idea what to do. So after texting with my mom and googling it I called and left a message with the Humane Society and while I wait to hear back I hope they find a new place to live. They are cute, don't get me wrong. But they make Manny go crazy every time he has to go out so that is annoying.


But in other news my irises are blooming and they are gorgeous. 


We ate leftovers from yesterday on the deck and then had a movie evening. We watched Rent because I saw it was on Netlflix and have been wanting to see it. The music is incredible, but the story was sadder than I expected. Still a great movie and I will probably watch it again soon.

The second movie we watched was Fatal Attraction. So I had just finished binge watching Damages. I loved it and really enjoyed Glenn Close's performance so I googled her and saw one of her movies, Fatal Attraction, was on Netflix. G hadn't seen it either so we snuggled up in our new chair to watch it. I do not recommend it. It was disturbing and I may have had nightmares afterwards. 

Nonetheless. It was an awesome weekend. Quality time with G, friends and family. Lots of time outside. New furniture to give the house a little make over. Yard work and rest. Hiking at the lake. Perfection!

How was your weekend?

No comments: