Wednesday, May 18, 2016

A Day in the Life

It's been a while since I did a DITL post and with a new job and new schedule I thought it would be fun to show you a snapshot of a day.  This was Wednesday, May 11th.


6:00 a.m. Wake up to my alarm and take Manny outside.


6:10 a.m. Eat breakfast (1 egg, one string cheese in a mug on a slice of ciabatta bread), drink coffee and read my devotional.



6:30 a.m. I'm following along with The Fitnessista and doing a salad a day in May. But my salads are of the green smoothie variety so I make one with orange juice and two cups spinach and sip it while I get ready for work.


7:13 Drive to work.


7:30 a.m. Arrive at work and get into it. I haven't talked much about my new job but I'm in purchasing at a company that manufacturers bullet resistant barriers. It's a small company and I get to redevelop the whole purchasing process. I spend my day buying parts, answering emails, in meetings, and I'm also in charge of accounts payable (which I surprisingly love). It's been stretching me out of my comfort zone and I like it!


11:00 a.m. Eat lunch while I work. Lately it's been half a slice of ciabatta with spinach, mustard, half a slice of cheese and turkey with a side of Cinna-Swirl rice cakes. 


11:45 a.m. I take an earlier lunch than usual today since I have a meeting at 2. I read It Was Me All Along. It started out kinda hard to read, but I'm loving it. She is so authentic and vulnerable and I can relate to a lot of her eating struggles.

12:45 p.m. Catch up on emails real quick before running into back to back meetings.


2:30 Eat blueberries while I enter invoices, buy more parts, answer more emails and draft my new purchasing plan.


4:30 p.m. Drive home.


4:45 p.m. Let Manny out again and than change into workout clothes.


5:00 p.m. Eat an afternoon snack of carrots, pretzels with hummus and a La Croix. While I eat my snack I work on this post and watch Ellen.


5:45 p.m. Walk Manny.


6:30 p.m. G is home and starts grilling dinner while I have a glass of wine and do a little reading. We hang out on the deck and chat a bit while dinner cooks.


7:00 p.m. Dinner! Grilled chicken, hummus and half a cup of rice with a side of green beans (not pictured).


7:30 p.m. I baked! I've been wanting to try these 3 Ingredients Banana Cookies forever and finally bought the ingredients at Aldi yesterday and made them.


7:45 p.m. I watched Real Housewives of Dallas. I don't know why I got sucked into another Housewives, but I did. I like the new city. The girls are crazy, but i can't stop watching. 

8:45 p.m. Take Manny out and then head upstairs to read in bed.

9:30 p.m. Lights out!

No comments: