Thursday, February 4, 2016

February Goals


It has been a mild winter, but I'm still glad winter is almost over. I just love this month. Love is in the air. Valentine's Day. Our anniversary. The end of winter is near. Lets see what I have in store for this month.

1. Cook one new meal each week. I enjoyed accomplishing this goal last month and looked forward to picking a recipe to make each week. I plan to do it again this month and try some more great recipes.

2. Hit the 30 pound weight loss total. I was losing consistently last January to June and then hit a plateau and only lost 4 pounds since. I'm ready to step it up and finally reach the 30 pound milestone. 

3. Walk 10,000 steps per day. I keep having knee pain when I do 21 Day Fix and my hip always hurts after Insanity so I'm going to just focus on walking right now. I'm listening to my body and after a few intense months of working out everyday I think it's time to go easy on the muscles. The weather hasn't been brutal lately so walking Manny in the mornings is doable again and walking on lunch should make this goal realistic to reach each day.

4. Plan a fun date night for our anniversary. I'm thinking about trying Gilbert and Blake's since it's close to work but I also think The Chop House in Ann Arbor would be fun. I can't stop thinking about those scallops. No matter what we do I want to enjoy a fancy dinner out, reflect on the last eight years, and set goals for the next year.

5. Make 6:00 a.m. my power hour. Since I'm taking a break from workout videos I now have a full hour to read my devotional and pray and that's just what I'll do. I want to expand my 30 minutes a day to a full hour to dig deeper into the Word.

6. Follow WW strictly for the entire month. I started WW in December but fell off the wagon a bit between the holidays. In January I slipped due to a few weekend getaways and some hard news. But February. February is my month! I'm following strictly and excited to see what kind of results I get.

7. Read 3 books this month. I've been in a book rut lately so I need to put this goal back on here. I want to read a book that grows my faith, a book that inspires me and a book to help me get organized.

What are your goals this month?


No comments: