Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Weekend Recap

Long weekends are always the best. This one went faster than I would have liked, but it was still a great one.





Friday night we had a puppy play date with Manny's bff. Gambit and Manny are seriously two peas in a pod. They get along so well.



We let the pups run around and play while we hung out and drank beer and ate pizza. It was a fun Friday night! We got home around 10:00 and Manny went straight to sleep.




We watched the MSU game before calling it a night. Manny snuggled into my neck. He hasn't done that since he was a puppy so I savored the snuggles.



Saturday G didn't sleep well and he was up at 6:00. I slept in until 9:00 and enjoyed coffee, a chocolate croissant and some Housewives. G did some yard work and I cleaned the house. Walked Manny. Did Insanity. It was productive!



We had big plans to try this new restaurant in town that just opened, but G wasn't feeling well. He was tired from the lack of sleep so he took a nap at 11:00 and didn't wake up until 3:00! While he slept Manny and I enjoyed some deck sitting. I read while Manny napped. It was relaxing.



When G finally woke up he didn't feel like going out to eat so we just ran to the grocery store and made tacos for a late lunch / early dinner. They hit the spot!



After linnder we had a cocktail on the deck (rose, a new fave of ours this summer) and listened to music and just relaxed. The sun started beating down on us and it was getting hot so G went to the basement to watch football and I watched a few episodes of Hart of Dixie.



Sunday G made me a fried egg on a tortilla with cheese. SO. GOOD. I took Manny for a long walk after breakfast and then did Insanity



Then we went to my parents house to hang out. My brother Brad was in town from Chicago so it was fun to catch up with him. My dad made Peach Beillinis and they were ahhhh-mazing! We spent the afternoon chatting, eating good food (steak, cheesy potatoes and zucchini pie) and laughing. It was really nice.


Afterwards we went to Trader Joe's to shop for the week. They were doing wine tastings so we even got to wine taste while shopping. BONUS. Grocery shopping is always more fun when wine is involved, right?



We were gone about six hours and we decided to let Manny have the house to himself so we didn't crate him. We didn't know what we would find when we got home. He's a pretty low key dog and we have left him for an hour or so and he's been fine. We came home and he was just sleeping on the couch. We checked the whole house and didn't see any accidents or destruction. Success! Our little guy is growing up.


Monday I slept in and G made me his killer breakfast again. I walked Manny and did The 30 Day Shred


It was hot and humid so we packed up and headed to the beach. We ran into some friends who just got a boat so it was fun catching up with them for a while. Then G and I just floated all afternoon. There were so many boaters, water skiiers, and jet skis to entertain us and give us good waves. The water was just perfect. Refreshing. I even swam some laps. It was so nice and it made me sad summer is ending all at the same time.


We came home and we were starved. I warmed up some TJ's Fettuccine Alfredo and binge watched Hart of Dixie for the rest of the night.

It was such a relaxing weekend. Not as productive as it should have been, but I feel refreshed now. I have all week to be productive, right? Oh summer, don't go!

No comments: